Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hoping to hear from somebody from GTechinq.

I have recently applied a number of G1 coatings to various cars including my own. A couple of people have said to me their windscreens are freezing less but still are.

Now I looked at mine this morning. It was all water in tiny beads on the windscreen and all other glass. I touched the glass on the front and it was just water. As soon as I put the wipers on it turned to a sheet of ice.

Is this the temperate of the wiper turning it to ice or is some sort of wizardry happening?

I think a few of my customers have been mislead by a video on youtube that shows a 50/50 of a frosty morning. Just seems strange how it is settled on the glass as water and then suddenly turns to ice.

In terms of application here is my procedure:
Wash windscreen,
Glass cleaner on windscreen
Clay with water for lubricant (bilt hamber)
Auto glym glass polish
Car pro erraser wipe down
3 coats on the windscreen with 10/15 mins between times. I do 1 coat everywhere else.
Use G2 to remove residue and buff.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine is a thin frost. An explanation of why it turned to ice would be, because it was cold enough to freeze, what you have done is essentially thinned it out to a point where it is a a state to freeze at a higher temperature. Do you follow?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same thing this morning with mine. I believe it it to do with the water cooling below freezing but because the coating is on the glass there is no way for the ice crystals to start forming, so when your wipers hit the beats this shock allows crystals to form. Check out youtube for instant water freezing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.