Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious of the acceptable uses people have had good results from using G101 - and also perhaps what people DON'T use it for, or have tried to use it for and found it extremely unsuitable. I like to tread carefully.

Looking forward to some advice please. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
No good for glass cleaning but other than that it can be used on everything imo. Just needs the right dilution for instance don't go using it at 4:1 on leather.

10:1 does most things for me.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It had great cleaning power but will remove a lot of wax or sealant if left to dwell on paintwork but thats abput the worst it can do unless it was used neat. Also avoid it on carpets and pedals as its very slick and foamy.

I find 1:10 is ample for most general cleaning.

·
DW Supporter & Woollie Pad Man
4,549 Posts
Lower your ratio and use it warm, far more effective :)..
Can cause staining on certain soft materials, especially if a strong mix..

Reactions: Sue J

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fab degreaser!
That's cool as I have an icky TDI engine head to clean up tomorrow.

I think this will be the G101's first opening.

Are wearing gloves essential? I do have blue nitrile gloves but I mainly wear them when working with oil / doing mechanical stuff. I rarely bother with them in any other case - even when pouring 99.9% pure methanol. I kind of like the tingley feeling when it gets on my hands.... :eek:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A rather icky engine head (diesel) came up nicely with some G101 - Quite weak dilution though - probably 1 : 15 or so as an estimate, with warm to hot water.

Reactions: Sue J
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.