Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I am looking to convert the two single garage doors in my garage to one double door, 16 foot x 7 foot. I have had a quote from a builder using either a Europa shutter door or a Hormann sectional door with the Hormann door being £800 more.

Basically I am after a bit of advice on if it is worth trying to find the extra cash or not. the garage itself is a detached brick built garage, 18 ft x 19 ft with a pitched roof and in good condition.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a bit of googling I have found a showroom not too far away that does a few different makes of garage door (Mrs dandam will be looking forward to saturday shopping this week :lol:) so I will probably go and have a look. Although I am happy to spend the extra cash if it is worth it there are plenty of other things to spend it on in the house.

If there is anyone else who can let me know what door they have, would they recommend it, any issues with motors, etc it would all be appreciated

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I had a Cardale door and have replaced with a Horrmann up and over and it is decent so far. I couldn't fit a sectional door as did not have enough clearance on one side of the garage to fit the mech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.