Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to leave work, so I thought I would pop in and jet wash the car down.silly question but is what comes out of these machines ok?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
There is a new one down the road from me, has all sorts of stuff. TFR, foam, aquawax and the rinse.
I just use the rinse and run the lance for a bit to make sure no tfr etc in in the pipes as it were :thumb:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
now the citrus sounds a good idea. bought something a while back but it really didn't last long..
Depending on what I have (was Surfex HD but have ran out and now trying G101) I often take a diluted spray bottle up to the jet wash up the road from me. Quick covering with whatever and then a good blast with the lance does enough to tide me over and/or saves me having to pull out the jet wash or get the ONR out. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I like the notion of using this process as an interim method in the winter months, that non contact helps. I use Citrus Power also the occasional snow-foam through a wide nozzle hand held spray. Have a go see what works for you.

John Tht.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I read on here no stronger than 1:15 and a few on here still get good results with 1:20 or 30.

I normally go at around 1:15. If I feel it's stripped whatever is on it, I've got a spray sealant/wax that are quick to apply, or Autosmart Duet (wash and wax) if I'm really lazy.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
^^ I agree Warren good prep is tested over the winter, getting that balance between sufficient protection and acceptable result is always challenging.

If we pick times for our 2BM with care, sensitivity and developing skills.

Good luck, John Tht.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.