Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a decent camera for taking photos of my work

I currently use my phone camera but it just doesn't do the final product justice or show the state of the paint at the beginning

I don't want to spend a fortune as this is really all i'll be using the camera for as i'm not into photography that much

Also if you know anyone selling one let me know

Thanks Dan :buffer:

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Macro is good the closer the better the wide shots pretty much any camera can take.

This was a brief test of a new compound i tested just one minute if that on the rotary.

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Oh Order the lens cap or off ebay the auto cap i have on mine and can be seen in the pic and vids is fantastic best bit of kit otherwise its a pain in the ass taking the lens cap on and off a right fiddle.

Get the battery as well there one not the official one, order 2 if you wish i got one besides the one that comes with it but would feel happier with 2 spare instead of one.

Having said that only if doing a lot of vids in one go would you flatten both batteries.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its the Solux buld or whatever that the group buy was ages ago and a £10 B&Q cheap drill.
Yea seen the build thread for it on here think i'm subscribed to it must take another look at it and make myself one...much cheaper than the 3m alternative that does relatively the same job

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
You going for the LX7 Camera?

Love Mine, wish it was narrower so could slip in a pocket better to carry all the time.

But fantastic lens lets lots of light it quality bit of kit.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You going for the LX7 Camera?

Love Mine, wish it was narrower so could slip in a pocket better to carry all the time.

But fantastic lens lets lots of light it quality bit of kit.
Will have to look into different cameras more..wasn't planning on spending as much as i'm on a budget due to buying lots of cleaning gear lately..need a good camera though for good photos

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
No worries Dude, the only one better from my research was the Sony but thats £400.

You can get cheaper and i did get it as an advance gift as i got fed up of the Digital SLR's and all there kit.

The Link i posted is still the cheapest as its retail is about £350 uk i think there is another company that ships from a uk warehouse but looked into them and would not be happy buying from them, but digital revel well established and respected i think they do camera reviews on the tinter web also.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you would recommend getting a quality simple digital camera rather than a Digital SLR?

I don't think I would have the time or interest in reading into all the kit that comes with them as you say or even find the need for it

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd be cautious using DigitalRev. I see James has had a good experience but there are plenty of others who have not, from the wrong thing turning up to nothing at all arriving after having been charged.
Plus these are grey imports, no UK warranty (if that kind of thing is important to you)

Im a DSLR man myself, but would probably be overkill solely for taking car paint photos.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I have a Nikon d5000 dslr.

Really confusing and I need to spend a while going through settings to get decent pictures.

Here's toughly the same pic took on camera and on dslr.

Iphone

Dslr

Close up with dslr

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.