Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started on the engine bay and interior of the VXR :) only before and during pics just now, will get afters put up soon! Cars only 3 months old so engine wasn't too dirty, more just a tidy up!

Engine bay was sprayed with AF Verso and agitated with various brushes then wiped dry with a microfibre. I then applied Nanolex Trim Rejuvenator from Waxybox #13 (I think?)

Seats and dash were sprayed with Lucas Oil Interior Detailer, again from Waxybox and wiped down with a hot damp microfibre :) Glass was cleaned with AF Crystal.

Afters

Hopefully get started on the exterior tomorrow .. Weather dependant :rolleyes:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumb:Look forward to seeing this!
Hopefully get it started tomorrow :D

the outside of mine is spotless at the min (wont last long)

But my engine bay could do with a tidy up......
I'm the opposite now :lol: outside of mine needs some tlc and my bay is spotless-ish :lol: kept thinking I was finished but kept seeing other wee bits :eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't think I would manage to get the car done! Got all my gear ready last night so I didn't have to waste time getting it out this morning. Took a chance as soon as the rain went off and only got the wheels, tyres and arches done!

Some befores of the condition of the bodywork/wheels. Wasn't actually too bad tbf ...

Wheels got the Bilberry treatment and IronX'd when I done the car later on .. Tyres and arches were sprayed with AF Verso and agitated with various brushes :)

Then there was a torrential downpour :( got everything back indoors and waited it out. The rain eventually went off and the sun made a wee appearance, so I was back out and got the bodywork done. Car was snow foamed with Juicy foam, 2BM with the CarChem sample from Waxybox, Cherry scent, mmmm :D!

Nooks and crannies such as the doorshuts, grill, round badges etc were agitated with Raceglaze Detailing Brushes.

Then onto the IronX, and Tardis

And was left with this :argie:

Will complete the rest tomorrow hopefully! Clay, polish, glaze, sealant etc :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the car finished today! Literally only finished 5 minutes ago, not many pics as time and weather was against me but will upload them soon! Bodywork and wheels were dried off and then AG SRP applied and buffed off, followed by an Eraser wipe down. Dr Beasleys Finishing Glaze was up next, sample from Waxybox! Started to buff off and it was really grabby as it wasn't curing as it was really damp, so tried my best :( I was going to deal with FK1000P by DA but again, weather didn't allow so I used another Waxybox sample (see a pattern emerging :lol: I've ordered the November box and the Xmas box so need to use up some :lol: ?) Gyeon Q2M Cure Spray Sealant! Exterior windows were done with AF Crystal and tyres with Croftgate USA Tire Shine :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi S22TUW,

Would be interested in your experience of the CroftgateUSA Tire Shine; how did you find it?

Got the car finished today! Literally only finished 5 minutes ago, not many pics as time and weather was against me but will upload them soon! Bodywork and wheels were dried off and then AG SRP applied and buffed off, followed by an Eraser wipe down. Dr Beasleys Finishing Glaze was up next, sample from Waxybox! Started to buff off and it was really grabby as it wasn't curing as it was really damp, so tried my best :( I was going to deal with FK1000P by DA but again, weather didn't allow so I used another Waxybox sample (see a pattern emerging :lol: I've ordered the November box and the Xmas box so need to use up some :lol: ?) Gyeon Q2M Cure Spray Sealant! Exterior windows were done with AF Crystal and tyres with Croftgate USA Tire Shine :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi S22TUW,

Would be interested in your experience of the CroftgateUSA Tire Shine; how did you find it?
I tried this in the waxybox sample and was not that impressed to be honest. Made sure the tyres were clean and dry before I started , but found the finish patchy and by next morning looked like it had been on for over a week and I had not driven it at all. Usually use Meg's tyre gel or CarPro so comparing with them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't think it was too bad! I have nothing to compare it to though. Left a good finish for me though, I went round all 4 tyres then done another layer! Sprayed onto an applicator pad to avoid getting overspray on the alloys etc :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.