Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
x4 detailers from 9pm Monday evening to 11am Tuesday morning prepping all the cars up for the RM Auctions Automobiles of London. Paint condition of 90% of the cars was pretty bad.

All cars done with c3 Copolymer carnauba QD.

i had some expert help though:

will be a little while before my son can reach the peddles :lol:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
:argie: Some serious bits of kit up for grabs there!! Registration was £90 alone - that's before the bidding starts!

I think the highest seller was a 1997 McLaren F1 @ £2.53m. There's a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder listed at a mere £2,625,000 - but don't think that sold

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some simply beautiful cars there - pure works of art for sure :argie: Cheers for posting for us all to drool over :thumb:
my pleasure!

take a look at the online catalogue for all the lots. the macca was definately my favourite. but the woody (lot 240) would be a cool summer car :)
results here - only a few at the moment.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was a joke ;) My fave Fezza, did a Fly yellow Nart Spider 275 (about £550k) a few years ago and was priviledged enough to be able to take it for a spin as well, fell in love with 275s after that
heh - was thinking you must be doing 10k details!!

the 275s have a huge following. apparently the windscreens were all slightly misshapen and instead of sending them back ferrari adjusted the opening to fit them..!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I was at the pre auction party for this on Tuesday night mincing with the rich and famous, interestingly enough we saw that red Ferrari with your Gtechniq sign in front of it....

Who did the paint correction out of interest?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Sorry just re-read your post. That top rari in your post was in absolutely sh*te condition! (so I'm glad you did not do the paint correction on it!) lol

Some of the other cars however were in amazingly good condition, and some great paint correction had been done.

Courtesy of someone on here whom shall remain nameless I met some fairly cool people, including the guy behind Octane magazine :)

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah there was a lot of **** poor condition paintwork including the cali spyder.

i was too zonked to go to the party on tuesday - sounds like it was fun though. did you go to the sale?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.