Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my new care for about 4 weeks now and I wanted the best protection possible so I had it detailed at the dealership and coted with C1 so would EXOv2 be the next step, I did read that EXOv2 should be applied 12 hours after C1 and if so is there any way round this.????
Should this be the order of application C1, EXOv2, C1.5v2 Silo Seal, C2v3 Liquid Crystal.?????

Many Thanks

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
You can still apply Exo now. It doesn't have to be precisely 12-24 hours.

You don't have to then top EXO with C1.5 and then C2v3. After EXO you shouldn't need anything else.
Maybe C2v3 diluted for a QD now and again.

·
DW Supporter & Woollie Pad Man
4,549 Posts
Ok, a lot of fairly accurate info above, well, none of it is technically wrong :)..
Apply C1, leave 3-12 hours, depending on temps and humidity. If the C1 feels grabby when applying the Exo, then it hasn't cured properly and will need to be left..

Once cured, apply your Exo. No need for C2 on top of Exo. Exo has for the, some of the best water behaviour :)..

Allow the Exo to cure a further 12-24 hours to cure before getting wet..

C1 will want a further 7 days or so to fully cure under the Exo :)..

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all will get some Exov2 ordered and get it applied, car can be left indoors for as long as needed to cure.
Thanks again for all your help & advice.... :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Rob
The car had C1 applied 4 weeks ago at the dealership from new detailed C1 applied and left in the handover bay over night so it was a good 14 hours, PDI then the handover. First wash on Sunday and I thought that Exo should have been applied within 12 hours. What would your recommendation be I want the best protection and a deep gloss finish..???:confused:
Cheers for the reply.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Hi Rob
The car had C1 applied 4 weeks ago at the dealership from new detailed C1 applied and left in the handover bay over night so it was a good 14 hours, PDI then the handover. First wash on Sunday and I thought that Exo should have been applied within 12 hours. What would your recommendation be I want the best protection and a deep gloss finish..???:confused:
Cheers for the reply.
the issue seems to be that in some (and I mean 1 or 2 cases) some customers have found the exo to be very difficult to apply streak free over fully cured c1. what we found is that it is much much easier to apply over partially cured c1. but tbh many have left very long intervals between them and had no problem.

to sum up - try on a small section - if you find the exo is going on no problem then all will be fine.

if not then I would recommend using c2 instead :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.