Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I started a project earlier that I thought would be easy but has turned complicated. (I always do things the hard way!!)

I've sold my laptop which came with two HDD's in it and while I had it I replaced the main drive with an SSD. I thought with my old laptop away and the SSD doing nothing I would stick it in my wife's laptop. Now the laptop the SSD is set up for was a Samsung G7C and the laptop my wife has is a HP G62. I had initially thought that I would just need to install the BIOS/Graphics drivers etc on the SSD and then I would be able to swap them over. Unfortunately when the SSD is fitted the laptop won't switch on and says there is no bootable media. I can connect the SSD with a SATA to USB cable and it shows as drive G on the system and works perfect that way.

Is there an easy way to get round the problem? I want to keep the data on the SSD as it has the programs I want to keep and it has Windows 8.1 set up exactly how I want it.

Thanks

Stevie

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know some SSD's need a setting changed in the bios to ACSI or something along those lines for the motherboard to use it.

I had some problems doing a similar thing but it was taking my SSD from my laptop to a desktop and while it worked once (I then took it out of the desktop and put it back into the laptop as I was waiting for a wireless card for the desktop) when I went to put it back in again it said "no bootable drive found" so I ended up having to reformat!

Best of luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.