Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent yesterday morning down at Mercedes Benz World for the Pistonheads Sunday service. Lovely sunny morning and, as usual, there was a great selection of cars there but all I could notice were swirl marks! These weren't just on the cheaper cars, several of the higher value motors were covered in them. Didn't spoil my enjoyment but did make me wish I had the skills/experience to offer to sort them out!

So, is there any hope for me or am I destined to forever see swirls wherever I go? Even my wife has started to preempt when I'm going to make a comment!

·
Registered
701 Posts
The there's the beading-spotting when walking past cars which have rainwater on them. I found myself shaking my head and muttering to myself about the non-existent protection on many of the cars I saw today.

There's no hope for us!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yup, you have it bad :lol: just like the rest of us :D

When I walk to my car through a car park I always see swirls, they are everywhere, but when I get to my car, a big grin spreads across my face, no swirls here :thumb: gives me a real kick :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Same here until vw swirled it again for me!

I'm forever noticing swirly cars but you know its really bad when you start noticing bits on the clean cars that have been missed. Normally a very very clean car with filthy arches or grey plastics.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You guys are not alone.
I had it last year during a classic Mercedes meeting.
Later in the afternoon it started to drizzle and I caught myself, checking the beading on the cars and even giving them numbers for the beading...
The classic MB I detailed, was the winner. :lol:

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Here is a test.

Have a look at this video. Watch for 30 seconds or so and then go to the 3 minute mark

If the talk of a detailing product seems more interesting than a beautiful classic car then it is time to seek medical help

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.