Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it essential for a wax to haze/dry?

I have been using Def Wax Sh0w edition for a while and this wax never dries, yes it hazes but it never fully dries and still gives a good months protection, Migilore futta again this wax never dries...

So... does a wax need to haze/dry in order for it to be a good wax? I know the solvent needs to evaporate in order to leave the wax/oil on the car but this can not be the case for non drying waxes.

Anyone got any thoughts on this, I dont think its a bad thing if a wax does not haze as long as it is easy to remove.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Is it essential for a wax to haze/dry?

I have been using Def Wax Sh0w edition for a while and this wax never dries, yes it hazes but it never fully dries and still gives a good months protection, Migilore futta again this wax never dries...

So... does a wax need to haze/dry in order for it to be a good wax? I know the solvent needs to evaporate in order to leave the wax/oil on the car but this can not be the case for non drying waxes.

Anyone got any thoughts on this, I dont think its a bad thing if a wax does not haze as long as it is easy to remove.
Hi jay.
My only experience on this subject is bouncers satsuma rock.
I remove it after just a minute while it still seems wet.
I think the other jay said it is a wipe on wipe off wax.
I find it harder to remove if u let it get anywhere near hazing.
Not sure if this helps

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
It's my main choice when looking for a wax that it is easy to buff off. I don't want to be forever rubbing at the paintwork.. That's not the point of wax IMO. I tend to follow the producers recommendations for buffing off. Occasionally I will leave it longer on a small section just to see how easy /hard it is to buff off.

Some waxes sometimes require a second buff, which producers don't always tell you about. So you apply the wax, buff it off and then put the car away in the garage. The next day, you find you need a second buff where it's gassed. Not always good when you are rushing off somewhere and you were not aware ie first time using the wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.