Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Maybe this is the thread I need to be on, I’ve had a long break from cleaning/detailing, of course I’ve kept on top of car washing but just not an obsessive amount.

The products I used to use back in 2008-11 was megs gold class shampoo, bilt hamber white clay, AB cherry glaze, then a couple of coats of Collinite 476s, oh and BH auto wheels.

Now I understand this was a while ago, I’ve since bought soft99 fusso sometime in between then and now.

I’m wondering what the products/brands people are rating now?!

I’m looking for a new wax, something very durable and long lasting hydrophobic effect, a QD (or something that fits my needs of topping up the wax protection after every wash, making the next wash nice and easy, oh and an iron remover (I’m thinking korrosol maybe?)

The purchase of a 20yr old focus (body work is in good nick) has re-ignited my love for car cleaning and I just want the car to stand out as a well looked after!

Sorry it’s a long one, cheers!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Welcome back :thumb:

I have numerous brands & products I love.

If you are after an extremely durable LSP, it has to be SiRamik Lustrous Plus Graphene Spray Sealant.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Megs Gold Class will clog your LSP, so a decent PH neutral shampoo, Dodo Juice BTBM or Tac System Mystic Bubble for regular washes, with an alkaline shampoo & snowfoam to declog every 2-3 mths BH Autofoam & Autowash would be a good choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts