Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Dont know if this is something I can do it myself or whether I need a professional.

basically I was going along the road and a buy sqeezed me out and I kerbed my front alloy

they are 20 inch genuine 2pc AC Schnitzer alloys. The have a stainless steel polished lip which now has kerb rash round half the rim.

Can I sand this down and polish it up myself or does it need to be done professionally.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Use a file. Flat it down in a rounded manner.
Then polish up with 400grit, 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500, then use a polish like Autosol and then I use Auto Finesse Mercury as a finishing polish.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use a file. Flat it down in a rounded manner.
Then polish up with 400grit, 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500, then use a polish like Autosol and then I use Auto Finesse Mercury as a finishing polish.
Thanks for you help.

if I wasnt too comfortable with the filing part, could I just go straight to the 400 grit to smooth it and them work up the grades?

In my head it seems it would take longer but be safer in my novice hands. Or do you have to file?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.