Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got issues! 1st abit of background....

A long time ago I bought a Clean Your Car own brand polisher.The 1st one went back because it had an issue with the speed controller. The replacement seems just as bad but I didn't relaise until out of warranty as I'm a home user and rarely polish. So I ended up keeping it unfortunately. It's never been right.

Pressure causes it to stop dead on the paintwork. Eeven the slightest pressure causes it to slow.

Would advise anyone to avoid this junk when you can buy a brand for onlya few pounds more. I'm now stuck with a hunk of junk.

Anyway, the main issue>

I can only use Hexalogix pads as a fullf ace pad is too much friction for the machine and it stops.

Recently I've noticed issues with the Hexalogic Pads and this machine:

1. When going, the pads are ok (a bit squishy) but as the cutting compound dries towards the end of the cut, they start wobbling violently and if you lift the machine off the surface they fly off violently down the drievway. I'm using Clean You Car backing pads and they feel grippy but it still happens

2. I'm having a similar issue with pads self destructing. I've noticed the rear back of the polishing foam becoming jagged and it then eventually rips off in a strip

Is this something I'm doing wrong with the pads or a fault with the machine / pads themselves?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How does it stop dead exactly?

See this video. Notice the backing plate has a big mark on it so you can see that it is turning. Notice the machine is bogged down but is vibrating like it should. Specifically notice the pad is perfectly flat on the bonnet -
How Safe is the PC-7424XP? - Part 1 - YouTube
Hi Andy, It just bogs down. However, the pressure is slight and full ie non hex pads pretty much won't even spin.

With hex pads I can get it to spin but the slightest bit of pressure slows the machine to a fraction fo the selected speed and medium pressure bogs it down to a standstill.

Edit:

I looked at your video, I can't put pressure like that on it. When mine is spinning the pad is barely touching the surface, certainly not depressed where the backing pad disappears into the centre of the pad like that. Maybe that's why mine is tearing the pads up and i'm losing them - insufficient pressure.

To say I'm disappointed is an undersatetment. I admit I've had it a long time and should have brought this to Clean Your Cars attention when I received the 2nd unit, but as a home user, I've used this unit maybe 4 times in all the years I've had it and being my first machine didn't really know what to expect in terms of how much pressure was normal / how the machine should behave under pressure. Worst thing is my income is low and I can't afford a replacement. At the time a Meghuirs was probably only £20-30 more than the DW group buy. I can't tell you how much I wish I'd gone that route. You kind of expect if buying a machine desogned for and being used by professional users that it will be fit for purpose.

Do you think it's the lack of pressure that's destroying the pads?

·
Registered
756 Posts
This all sounds really severe honestly.... You're taking about pads flying off down the drive and tearing apart which makes me think there's something mechanically wrong with your machine, banking plate or pads...

Would you be able to show us some pictures or video of your machine with the pads attached and maybe the damage being done to them?

It's entirely possible with a weaker machine to stop the pad rotation (not the oscillation) with not much pressure, but that in itself shouldn't result in catastrophic pad failure. I almost wonder if it's something like your backing plate is misaligned or the shaft has come loose from the plate and is causing the pad to rub against the machine shroud. Or maybe the shroud has moved and is interfering with the pad/plate.... You did mention violent wobble which should be unheard-of in a properly functioning machine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This all sounds really severe honestly.... You're taking about pads flying off down the drive and tearing apart which makes me think there's something mechanically wrong with your machine, banking plate or pads...

Would you be able to show us some pictures or video of your machine with the pads attached and maybe the damage being done to them?

It's entirely possible with a weaker machine to stop the pad rotation (not the oscillation) with not much pressure, but that in itself shouldn't result in catastrophic pad failure. I almost wonder if it's something like your backing plate is misaligned or the shaft has come loose from the plate and is causing the pad to rub against the machine shroud. Or maybe the shroud has moved and is interfering with the pad/plate.... You did mention violent wobble which should be unheard-of in a properly functioning machine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'll try and post some pictures or video.

Notice the absence of Clean your Car from this thread......

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'll try and post some pictures or video.

Notice the absence of Clean your Car from this thread......
Pics and especially a video showing the pad and plate rotation would be really helpful in trying to diagnose the issue.

To be fair to CYC, I wouldn't take that fact that they haven't responded to absolutely mean they don't care. You've got to remember that this forum is big and not one of their official support mechanisms. If you want to get their input, you could try tagging their user here, or just contact them directly. I've got to believe they will try to help if they can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.