Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
my car is megane 2 2004.

i have serious paint defects over the whole car .

i photograph some pictures :

little hard to see the defects , but there is :
scrach deep \ light
bird dropping thet dry and cannot remove with shampoo
the Hood changed to the color orange
and etc

i have polisher dual action + ultimate compound+ultimate polish
and also pads meguiras buff 2.0 (red, yellow, black )

how i can fix this defects and bring the car paint to be like new without this defects?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Mike Phillips book 'the art of detailing' covers everything there. Mostly you'll be looking to improve those defects rather than get them perfect again.

Looks like that deep scratch has gone through to primer, all you cab do with polish is re level the area ie you'd have to take the whole area down to the level of the scratch so it would end up as all primer.

A few things to look at for techniques are Davekg's guide to DA polishing, Mike Phillips books, videos and guides or theres also the Junkmans videos on YouTube but personally I'd stick with the other two.

Is that bird poo on top of the surface? If so a jay cloth with hot water on would work or something like Autoglym bird dropping wipes would work too if you can get them.

That bonnet looks like it's seen a bad re spray, it might come good but again I wouldn't of thought it would come back perfect

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think the boonet lose hes colour because where i live is very hot in the summer , 8 months summer with 40-45c.

what to do ?

polish will improve the defects and bring the red colour or maybe it will do worest ?

if i go with the polisher, start with the red pad ?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
i think the boonet lose hes colour because where i live is very hot in the summer , 8 months summer with 40-45c.

what to do ?

polish will improve the defects and bring the red colour or maybe it will do worest ?

if i go with the polisher, start with the red pad ?
Wow that's a problem I would like to have! 40c for 8 months would do me nicely! :)

It looks like it's only half the bonnet that's faded? Although I'm only looking at it on my phone so can't really tell too much.

Start with your least aggressive combination of pad and polish, if it doesn't do anything then move up to a more aggressive combination. It will no doubt improve the car, you won't make it worse unless you take too much paint off.

Then get a good coat of a wax or sealant on it to protect from uv and it will stay looking good for a long time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.