Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time using snow foam and I can't seem to get actual foam! Im using a Karcher K2 pressure washer with Valet Pro Neutral Snow Foam.

NO matter how I turned the lance knobs it just goes on runny and then falls off:/ After leaving for 10 mins there was loads of dirt still on the car especially at the back.

I also tried a much stronger consistency and the result was the same.

Just washed

Where could I be going wrong?

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Maybe your expectations are a bit high. The foam is a great pre wash but certainly not a no touch system regardless of their claims.

I found that a stronger mix and the dial turned back a couple of turns work best for me.

Also if your car is well protected that could have an effect with the foam running off

Also maybe your lance or gauze at least needs servicing or changing out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a new washer & lance (the AB one). I guess I was expecting it to shift more dirt than it did. The rear of the car was the worst. After washing the result was fine but for the cost and effort I guess I was wanting more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not a huge fan of the valet pro stuff. I only bought It to see hat it was like on comparison to the mgifoam and it's no hee near as good IMO. Used it before and had the same results. It dries on before it gets workin regardless of the cooler weather!! Would stick with magi foam! It's like shaving foam a clings so well for a good amount of time too!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's a new washer & lance (the AB one). I guess I was expecting it to shift more dirt than it did. The rear of the car was the worst. After washing the result was fine but for the cost and effort I guess I was wanting more.
If your after a better result, try mixing e.g. VP Advanced Neutral SF or Citrus Pre-Wash in a pump sprayer, and spray in on a "dry" surface - no "quick rinse" prior to this. I use my foam lance with shampoo for extending the 'pre-wash' and for adding extra lubrication during the handwash. Works really well IMO.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have valet pro neutral snow foam and it's no good tbh, not too bad in summer, but it just doesn't shift the grime like magifoam, hyper wash, avalanche etc
Get what you pay for I'm afraid.

I put a couple squirts in my wheel cleaning bottle for some suds to make the dwell time a bit better, so it still has a use ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.