Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Well, I like stuff to be clean but I have no idea how to do it correctly with Cars.

I've had older cars mostly that I didn't see much point in doing anything with (after reading A LOT of threads on here I can see some of you would disagree) I started looking into cleaning/detailing my car when I bought a 207 GTi with lovely red paintwork.

I was doing it to the best of my knowledge with what I had at the time. Sponges, 1 bucket....I can already feel your :doublesho concern :lol:

I would usually rinse car off with hosepipe, wash with Triplewaxx AAA Car Shampoo with a sponge and one bucket, then polish with Autoglym Polish.

I dabbled with a Meguairs clay bar detailing kit to get rid of tar spots which I thought was amazing.

I sold the GTi due to Bad Engine Timing (Had Timing chain done 4 times under my ownership) and had been rattling around in old vehicles since but due to them being unreliable and various other reasons, I told the SWMBO that she should put on her coat and we were going out to buy a new car.

We have ended up with this :driver: :D

Seat Exeo 2.0TDi 170 Sport Tech ST, Basically an Audi A4 B7 S-Line.

My First Black Car :) Picking it up this Saturday 16th of November.

I want it to stay looking this good!

Looks like it has wax applied or it might have the paintwork protection stuff you get at the dealers as it was a SEAT Reps car...

Will get a thread up in the detailing section to discuss that :)

Nice to meet you all, I've learnt so much already reading lots!

Cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!

It is near enough exactly the same and yes all Audi parts fit, mine is the facelift of the Sport Tourer so they've altered the floor pan at the back a bit to give more rear leg room.

The Sat Nav is LED and there is a colour screen between the rev counter and speedo.

The facelift of the Exeo uses the new Common Rail engines not the PD Engines.

They updated the front suspension to try and take some of the nose heaviness out the Audi design apparently.

As SEAT had NO R&D Costs they decided to update bits and pieces to improve on what is essentially an older design and give it a bit of a modern twist.

When the B7 went off production, VAG Shipped all the presses, jigs, robots etc from Germany to Spain to make the Exeo :)

Audi quality car for SEAT money! Over the moon! Can't wait to pick it up Saturday.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Good job, mines the b6 s4 cabriolet, so they didn't change much from then.

Oh and good luck with the Black, I'm sort of lucky in a way that the Mrs will only ever have black cars so by me going black as well, I get to buy the good polishes now as she knows I will be doing hers as well..lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.