Detailing World Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'll just ignore any ban. grass is green and lush too from the sprinkler. that will be staying on.

I'd like to see them try and enforce any fines. as said above they lose more in leaks from an under invested crumbling infrastructure as they line shareholders pockets. they want me to go without for the service I pay through the nose for?

I dont think so.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I'll just ignore any ban. grass is green and lush too from the sprinkler. that will be staying on.

I'd like to see them try and enforce any fines. as said above they lose more in leaks from an under invested crumbling infrastructure as they line shareholders pockets. they want me to go without for the service I pay through the nose for?

I dont think so.
It is a weird one when you think of it like that. Imagine paying for your shopping and then they stop you at the door and take some out of your trolley🤔
It's just madness that as an island nation that regularly floods(not just in Winter) we have to struggle with water shortages. 😂

·
Registered
620 Posts
All the water companies are foreign owned, they have no interest in investing in Britain's infrastructure only extracting as much money as possible from us. Massively increasing the population through immigration and not building new infrastructure just leads to the current infrastructure being overwhelmed.
Same with the flooding we don't have any more rainfall than in the past, what we have done is concrete over everything to build more housing and roads to cope with the increasing population from immigration, concrete doesn't absorb the rain water like greenbelt land so the rain water has no where to go and you get flooding.

I do prefer the rinseless washes and foaming waterless washes in the warmer dryer weather, the whole snowfoam multiple rinsing is just complete overkill to remove the lighter soiling you get on the car in the dryer weather, rinseless and waterless is so much quicker/easier and you don't have to worry about water spots.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I had a conversation with Thames Water a few years back. They confirmed the hosepipe ban was literally a hose pipe connected to a tap ban. I could fill up a 25l bucket with smaller buckets from my outside tap, and then run the PW from a hose feed in the 25l bucket. The end result was the same, the water usage the same, just more effort needed on my part to fill buckets.

OK morally not right, but most PWs should be able to draw water from a bucket. My old Karcher certainly can.

Could be worse mate, you could've suggested having the 25l bucket under the running tap while the hose draws water out of the bucket :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
They have turned them off because they're too expensive :LOL:
I was checking up on this over the weekend and read that it hasn't even been operational yet! And even if they did they'd need to do so much work to it.

Absolutely ridiculous

·
Registered
598 Posts

I dont think so.
Some years back one of neighbour's did get fined for using a hosepipe connected to a sprinkler to keep his grass looking green, for me, the car can stay dirty and the grass can stay brown I'd rather be able to flush the toilet and shower..

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Do that many people use a hosepipe anymore? Car washing is not how it used to be,where Sundays the streets were full of everyone washing theirs. Gardening as well, we're forever hearing that flooding is caused by lack of lawns and gardens. So who are using all these hoses?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Do that many people use a hosepipe anymore? Car washing is not how it used to be,where Sundays the streets were full of everyone washing theirs. Gardening as well, we're forever hearing that flooding is caused by lack of lawns and gardens. So who are using all these hoses?
Me on both.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I haven't joined the ONR/Rinseless/Waterless future yet, so I'm still dragging out the hosepipe etc. Thankfully for us in the SW we haven't had a hosepipe ban since forever (just looked, seems like 1996 was the last time). Also says every 5 years they do an assessment on how they can keep it this way for the next 25 years and have opened up new reservoirs etc. Most services are useless but SW Water do seem to be on the ball down here.

·
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
1,881 Posts
2 weeks of rain forecasted from Monday for much of the country - Lets see how long they keep these delirious global warming agenda hosepipe bans going for and on that topic did you know average global temperatures have gone down slightly over the last 15 years, the great barrier reef has grown by as much as 30% in the same time and Ice coverage of the north pole is 10% higher than it was in 2000. Go watch "An Inconvenient Truth" now just for a laugh - According to that documentary that Al Gore got the Novel Peace Prize for, we should be underwater with no Ice at all and completely dead reefs. The globalists agenda is falling apart thankfully.

Enjoy your hose pipes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Why don't water companies take advantage of low reservoir levels and remove the silt build up so as to restore the capacity to that as built? True it is hard to predict when the levels will be low so as to get the right equipment in place but surely it's not beyond the wit of man?
Given the recurring situation why not build more reservoirs? Yes that would mean an increase in taxes or costs or both but surely it is worth it for such a vital reseource - and while they are at it make them safe for wild swimming🥶

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Why don't water companies take advantage of low reservoir levels and remove the silt build up so as to restore the capacity to that as built? True it is hard to predict when the levels will be low so as to get the right equipment in place but surely it's not beyond the wit of man?
Given the recurring situation why not build more reservoirs? Yes that would mean an increase in taxes or costs or both but surely it is worth it for such a vital reseource - and while they are at it make them safe for wild swimming🥶
This is what SWW have gradually done over the past couple of decades, adding reservoirs etc. We've also got some of, if not the cleanest water in the country at around 40-70 TDS. So far they said they don't want to introduce a ban but just everyone be aware it may, be necessary as a last resort. So we'll see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pension fund for other countries dated 2018 below!! (privatised water companies).......and again this winter I bet I will be flooded and become a island for a day or 2 (as roads in passible)....🙄

How much have UK water companies made since privatisation?

Shareholders in the UK's nine privatised water companies have made more than £6.5bnfrom dividends and interest in the past five years, according to new research. Bosses of the nine companies were paid £58m in salary, bonuses, pensions and other benefits over the same five-year period, the GMB union found.............dated 2018...........

21 - 40 of 51 Posts