Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the daft newbie question, but will hot water affect a layer of wax?

Always used to wash with hot water, as hot as it would get out of the tap, But recently i'll put a couple of inches of hot in the bucket and top up with cold with the power washer to get it nice and foamy. Ending in luke warm water at the most

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
dont think it matters i prefer warm water becuase its winter and also may soten bugs dirt slightly better (may not) as for effecting wax i recon it would have to be above a certain temp that id be more worried if you could put yourhand in it let alone the wax. car panels get very hot in summer remember

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Warm or hot it is then!

In winter it's more a motivational issue though.... need to get my **** out into the cold and get it done!

Thanks for the replies though peeps!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I doubt hot water will have any affect on the wax / sealant. I use boiling water from the kettle and blast it with the hose to mix up the wash and cool the water a little.

All year round I have it hot.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I have hot tap in garage so use warm water. In winter it keeps hands warm. I also connect hose to hot tap too every now and then. Loosens bugs better in summer and soften salt and crud in winter.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.