Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Clay wont improve the look much IMO.
The paint will feel cleaner and smoother but clay will not remove or reduce scratches/swirls etc.

followed by a machine polish (I used a DA) you can achieve an almost flawless finish.

·
I'm not addicted...I'm NOT!
2,154 Posts
When I clayed my car for the first time and polished and waxed afterwards, I could'nt see any difference from when I used to polish and wax only.
You probably won't "see" any difference, but you will certainly feel it! Claying
has now been well overtaken by using a clay cloth these days. If you're getting
a feeling that it may not be worth it, this thread might change your mind, just a tad...

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
I definitely could see a difference after claying my Saab, and I was a sceptic before. However that paint work was really bad. I've just clayed my girlfriends Puma in the time it took me to clay the Saab's roof and bonnet, and while it does look a little cleaner it's only noticeable to me. Feels good though.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I use the ads clay cloth now and i first used it on my sisters bravo, the paint was in terrible condition for a 6 year old car, after claying there was much more clarity and gloss to the paint, this is when you notice a big difference.

In this picture here...
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle registration plate

The car had been clayed and only clayed, no polishing, no wax, no nothing. Its the best example of clay making a difference to gloss and clarity that i have, before it was awful, lacking in depth.
And as you can see, after, it looked fantastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.