Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best way to maintain and clean carbon fibre exhaust tips week in week out? I purchased a remus exhaust system with them so don't want to scratch the carbon or use anything that would ruin them or the titanium.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Does anyone know the best way to maintain and clean carbon fibre exhaust tips week in week out? I purchased a remus exhaust system with them so don't want to scratch the carbon or use anything that would ruin them or the titanium.
Take off and ceramic coat them, mine are cf & titanium and have 2 coats of Carpro Cquartz 3.0 that only require sponge wash to refresh. Few places sell sample 10ml ceramic bottles and will be more than enough to coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take off and ceramic coat them, mine are cf & titanium and have 2 coats of Carpro Cquartz 3.0 that only require sponge wash to refresh. Few places sell sample 10ml ceramic bottles and will be more than enough to coat.

Thanks for that, mine are matte carbon so I'll need to get something for them specifically as I have plenty of ceramic sitting about just nothing for them. I was also wondering about wrapping them but not sure of how much heat build up they will recieve.
Camera accessory Cylinder Automotive lighting Font Gadget

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for that, mine are matte carbon so I'll need to get something for them specifically as I have plenty of ceramic sitting about just nothing for them. I was also wondering about wrapping them but not sure of how much heat build up they will recieve.
View attachment 79876
I’ve never heard of anyone wrapping cf exhaust tips and personally wouldn’t want to take the risk of them melting and potentially ruin the Matt carbon finish.

Engine and exhaust dependant I believe some can reach temps in excess of 700

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve never heard of anyone wrapping cf exhaust tips and personally wouldn’t want to take the risk of them melting and potentially ruin the Matt carbon finish.

Engine and exhaust dependant I believe some can reach temps in excess of 700

The downpipe, cat and gpf filters would get that hot but the exhaust tips shouldn't, especially the carbon as it's held off the metal. But I'd expect still maybe reaching up to 200.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts