Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Mobious camera gets good reviews over on a car forum I subscribe to.
I have no connection with any camera suppliers/manufacturers and am happy to PM you a link to the discussions/reviews if you want. [Don't want to put it up in the thread in case it's frowned upon.]

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The rear facing camera on the dual only looks useful for videoing your passenger ;) lol

Without sounding awkward. Have you got a "drivers eye" picture of what your view of how visible the unit is on the windscreen, when you'd be sitting driving the car.

EDIT: I've had this one in my watch list for a while but haven't bothered going through with ordering anything yet
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370862543034?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
DW Forum Sponsor
6,765 Posts
It is a DX4000 from memory.

Admittedly the rear view isn't that great when on dual mode, but it is good enough show being hit from behind if it were to ever happen.

It records continuously on a loop, you can set the loop time up to 10 mins each segment. A 16GB car gets 30+ slots before it overrides them, and you can lock a recording. Also records for about 1 min after turning off.

No camera is going to give a driver's view unless you position in front of your face. It is wide angle enough to pick up what is going on though an no different to any other camera.

For me it is was about having some footage if someone were to hit me. I see far too many claims with differing stories from each party, making life hell because someone can't tell the truth.

I thought about the Blackvue, load of features etc, but personally i didn't want £200 of kit sat on my windscreen. I wouldn't leave my £100 sat nav on display, so it seemed mad to leave a £200 camera attached to the windscreen.

I still run the risk of having it stolen, but hopefully it is less likely and will certainly be cheaper to replace if it is.

EDIT: Sorry M1pui, misread the driver's view bit, i'll try and find some pics...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.