Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking on the apple website reference the new ipad , I know might sound a daft question but can anyone give me the ups/downs between the two.

Im thinking it would just get use for browsing the web really.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It's a tough one isn't it. You pay all that money and then decide you've run out of memory. If you end up putting a few films on it, and a few video recordings then it can soon fill up. A film could be as big as 4GB.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I went for the 32gb Version. The New iOS uses a lot of memory itself, about 4,5gb I think. The new versions of apps, designed for the 64Bit processor are bigger than the older ones. So I think 16gb might be too small.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I bought a 16gb one as I wasn't planning on putting much music and videos on it. I still managed to fill it (easily). Unless your purely going to web browse I would say 32gb is the minimum you want to go for. If your going to put music and videos in there then you would want bigger again.

Keep an eye on caches for apps as well some of them really clog space up :thumb:

·
Built-Not-Bought
7,438 Posts
Personally I'd say 32gb is the minimum you'd want in an iPad/iPhone/tablet.

My first iPhone had 32gb and it was enough for games, loads of apps and a few movies as well. Ended up with a 64gb iPhone 5 which for a phone is a bit overkill if I'm honest but my iPad has 64gb and that's got loads of space for movies, apps. Also if you consider that some games are 1gb+ I'd say 32gb for a tablet is what you should aim for.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I bought a 16GB Air on Friday. For what I use it for I didn't see the point in paying extra.

I download TV shows on SkyGo, 4oD, iPlayer to watch on the train and there's plenty of space. When I stay away in a hotel I stream my movies over the internet from my NAS at home. Works effortlessly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.