Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Depends what you want it for really mate, you looking for a fallout remover? Get Iron X, looking for a snowfoam get something else. It's good at what it's designed for ie, showing up fallout but it's not strong enough imo to remove enough to do without Iron X as well.

So yes and no really. Used for what Carpro advertise it as it's good but don't go thinking it's a 1 step type thing because it isn't.

Little bit pointless imo as it adds another step to the process but some people like it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of want it as a once a month pre cleaner, I'll be removing all fallout and and just washing regularly and then say every 5th wash or once a month use it to keep on top of fallout. Trying mr pink as my main foam and dodo as my shampoo

·
Registered
552 Posts
As per rayners comments, I have some and its neither one thing or another for me. I use it very occaisionally if I am feeling particularly pedantic about my routine. Had my bottle ages and wont be renewing it when its run out as I can live without it.

G

·
i have found if you have a glass coat on your car then this is a great shampoo to use to keep the coating clear and able to do the job its ment to do.
It dont smell very nice, but it works for me.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The main aim of this for me is for anyone who has glass/ceramic coatings on there car not much gets talked about aftercare on these type of coatings but like any coating fallout does build up on them and to keep them at there best then this works well.

people have different ways of using it some after they have washed will use it as a spray weakened down 8-1 more then iron x yes but enough to help keep that top layer clean.

Another way is wash your car as normal then use this neat for a second wash just keep putting little bit on your mitt and clean the surface. then rinse of.

Also been playing round with top ups for ceramic coatings and found some don't help with water etchings Minerals attracting minerals Sonax detailer seems to be working very well at stopping this problem applied every 4 weeks ish.

Reactions: Junior Bear

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes seen a few do that and happy with the results they get.
I use this is my main shampoo aswell one product for 3 wash stages foam , shampoo and clay lube , people will say it's not cheap but if you add likes of a snow foam plus shampoo plus clay lube it all costs more than iron x snow soap , plus a little goes along way too :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.