Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've often seen reference to jewelling when doing a paintwork correction and i'm assuming it's a step between polishing out any defects and waxing the car.
What would be best for this, a glaze or is there something else you could use? Bear in mind i've seen this described as a pre wax/sealant step.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Car pros reflect polish seems to be a awesome polish to use to jewel.
But you can jewel with most finishing polishes.

Jeweling is just the term giving to way you are finishing off via machine.

Longer spent working the polish to get maximum gloss.

My explanation of it.

·
king of the flexonian
12,479 Posts
I've often seen reference to jewelling when doing a paintwork correction and i'm assuming it's a step between polishing out any defects and waxing the car.
What would be best for this, a glaze or is there something else you could use? Bear in mind i've seen this described as a pre wax/sealant step.
IMO jewelling is a sepetate step to finishing. You can't jewel an unfinished surface. It's using pads with zero cut and polish with next to no cut. Draw out the sets as Long as possible to achieve a micro smooth finish.

I also don't believe all paints benefit from such a step. All surfaces have a ceiling of how good they can look, and some just are not good enough to warrant jewelling

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that's pretty much as i thought and it isn't something i am planning on doing just yet, i need to get my machine polishing skills down first, but thanks anyway :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.