Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Detailing Devil Dog
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls, the Junkman here with another video series! This time we introduce another way to maximize the power of your PC buy using a technique that makes up for lower OPM's when compared to the RPM's of a rotary polisher. I also use this technique to test the hardness (or softness) of a car's clear coat. Lastly, this method will allow you to keep from wasting polish as your pads fill up. You can actually stretch how far your product will go using this technique.

This technique was originally conceived to be used with harder type polishes. It enables the polish to be fully broken down and maximizes it's use. What you are going to see is that it can also be used with a polish like Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover, Meguiar's M105 or Zaino's PC Fusion. Furthermore, it allows you to use less product, while stretching the mileage of each application. It also saves your pads from getting caked up with product which is a major waste of money and resources.

You won't use this technique on the entire car or use it all the time. One of the reasons that you will implement it when using a liquid type polish is when your pads begin to fill up with product. It will be used until the pad is no longer caked with polish, at which time you should go back to the regular process of using 9-14 pounds of pressure on a setting of 5 (with the PC-7424XP)

Enough talk, let's get to the videos!

The Videos​

Here are some pictures from the experience:

That's all folks!

The Junkman

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nice technique, as always the videos were very informative and entertaining. The only thing I was thinking about is that I try to avoid the mindset that 'you can't make a car any worse' though. ;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Your videos are ace! love them all. That technique is very useful! Not only is it awesome for those that cant afford the £400+ price tag of PTG readers but for those not wanting to buy in loads of different level of cut polishes and pads. Great work!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Aj/ junkman is coming over late May to do a couple of workshops so if anyone is interested, send me a pm! Think the owner of Adams (the product that AJ uses is coming too so should be some samples flying around!)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks Junkman, you really inspire confidence and ease. :)

I feel that "steve" needs to make an appearance at some point though!! :D

(love the sounds in the background too. The train horn, the plane..just makes you smile.)

·
Detailing Devil Dog
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey that rocks!! I have all the Adams polishes so may resurrect them this weekend :argie:
This is better than Prison Break :thumb:
:lol:

One question junkman -

Is it very beneficial to use a QD spray (on the pad) over just normal water? or is spraying the pad with water not a good idea to start with?
I would definitely stick with detailing spray because it has lubricating properties. I don't know what water would do.

great videos, thanks mate, quite enjoyed them!

Not working for adams are you ? ;)
No, I work for this guy. He's a task master! :lol:

Aj/ junkman is coming over late May to do a couple of workshops so if anyone is interested, send me a pm! Think the owner of Adams (the product that AJ uses is coming too so should be some samples flying around!)
Hey, we should probably talk about that! I need to make sure that we don't schedule that on top of something already scheduled! :thumb:

Hi Junkman

Thanks for the videos which I found very usefull. What is the 'work' time for each stage?
The work time differs according to the damage you encounter. I can't give a real life time for this experience because I kept messing with the video camera and making sure that I didn't forget anything.

Thanks Junkman, you really inspire confidence and ease. :)

I feel that "steve" needs to make an appearance at some point though!! :D

(love the sounds in the background too. The train horn, the plane..just makes you smile.)
Yea, you can easily tell that this was NOT a professional production! :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just want to say a massive thankyou for the video.

You obviously took a hell of a long time to make them, and you can tell you have a genuine passion for what you do. I think you got the balance between dumbing it down for the newbies and teaching those already experienced in detailing spot on.

PS the videos are so obviously american its funny. I have a sudden urge to buy a pickup truck and live the american dream :D Joking aside,thanks for the great video guides :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.