Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had Keith ('Kasman') from Daytona pop round last week and give my 1991 170,000 miler its first treatment.

Hard to say so far but seems peppy enough - it was off the road for new discs/pads so couldnt do an overnight comparision, but when I fill up the tank that will be a good test.

If I can improve on my usual 22-23mpg even by 2 or 3 mpg it will pay for itself pretty soon.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I've never had the chance to try a Terracleaned car, but a lot of people claim dramatic results. Not just MPG, but how the car drivers.

You would think on an 23 year old car you might have seen more.

Sometimes I do wonder if the placebo effect is in place.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I quite fancy having mine done. Does it have any effect on things like piston rings etc! Worried that sometimes the coke in a cars engine occasionally helps to prevent failure. Sometimes having it all blown out or what ever they do can be detrimental.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Had my 2001 78k BMW M3 done about 6 months ago. To be honest it didn't make an difference. I guess it depends on what condition, mileage, etc the cars in to start off with.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
I quite fancy having mine done. Does it have any effect on things like piston rings etc! Worried that sometimes the coke in a cars engine occasionally helps to prevent failure. Sometimes having it all blown out or what ever they do can be detrimental.
I've not heard of a car being decoked since 4 star/leaded petrol was phased out, so i would be surprised if your engine was coked up so to speak. :)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suppose I made a bit of a mess of trying to get any meaningful comparisons from this process.
I drove up to Leeds, 110m, steady run, on a full tank and the plan was to fill up there and work out mpg. Then do the same when I got back home. But my service took longer then expected so only filled up when I got home, and had returned 25.5mpg.

Some of this will be down to the service, but I can say the car felt perkier after the Terraclean, before the service - certainly smoother and I will say this was down to the treatment. But I cant put any numbers on it now. Sorry - this post may not have been too useful after all.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I suppose I made a bit of a mess of trying to get any meaningful comparisons from this process.
I drove up to Leeds, 110m, steady run, on a full tank and the plan was to fill up there and work out mpg. Then do the same when I got back home. But my service took longer then expected so only filled up when I got home, and had returned 25.5mpg.

Some of this will be down to the service, but I can say the car felt perkier after the Terraclean, before the service - certainly smoother and I will say this was down to the treatment. But I cant put any numbers on it now. Sorry - this post may not have been too useful after all.
LOL, Maybe were try the Ferrari next Mark, I dont mind monitoring the MPG if you like :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.