Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and it was a pretty sore one :( Standing filling the Volvo with diesel, I was watching the junction pretty absently mindedly until I heard a loud bang - a really sickening bang, and saw a Nissan Almera spin across the junction. Took a sec to figure out what had happened, the Almera seemed to have crossed over the junction doing a right turn, but crossed in the path of a white van that had a green light and was coming through at 30 plus (road is a 40 stretch), the van collected the back of the car and sent it spinning across the junction.

Allie went up to see if they were okay, both drivers were fine, just a bit shaken/angry/upset... the van was a bit of a mess, front end damaged but was able to limp to the roadside... The Almera though was a mess, rear bumper ripped off, rear end badly crumpled and rear wheel hit through 45 degrees, as a 53 plate, probably written off...

That sound of a car crash though, its a sickening bang....

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Totally agree. Not everyone will have heard the sound of a crash, but once you have, you will remember it for life. The noise is totally unexpected.

Just over a year ago I was in the stood in the front garden of our house when an idiot drove into the back of my C Class which was parked outside. He could have only been doing 30, but the noise mad me jump out of my skin, then had the sickening feeling when I realised it was my car that had been hit.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, would be pointless too as I wasn't paying enough attention to what happened to be able to say for any certainty exactly what had happened... we were just making sure nobody was hurt, and they didn't seem to want our details so we left them to it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thank god they were ok. I've been in two pretty serious car accidents (not to blame on both occasions). Not only the sound but the smell is horrendous. Burnt rubber, burnt clothing, detonated airbags. It's horrible.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Thank god they were ok. I've been in two pretty serious car accidents (not to blame on both occasions). Not only the sound but the smell is horrendous. Burnt rubber, burnt clothing, detonated airbags. It's horrible.
I agree. Only ever been in 1 serious(ish) accident and the noise is one of the things that will live with me for life. Heard a noise very similar about a week after it and instantly spun round thinking there had been an accident behind me.

The smell is something else. Its just the combination of it all makes it very unique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.