Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In March 2012 I bought a karcher K5.7. This with an extended warranty. Well to date it's been back 2 times in Nov and Oct last year. And it has gone again. I would use it once a week and in the winter once a fortnite. The first time the motor was replaced the second time it was a switch and that's all they said. This time it just cut out while I was using it. When I contacted Karcher I asked for a full refund. Do you think I am within my rites to do this? I am still awaiting a response from Karcher.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I would say so, especially with extended warranty, I'm pretty sure even though statutory rights say 1 year I'm pretty sure electrical goods if pushed are 2 years.

I'm sure if you keep pushing you would get a refund or even just push for a full replacement not just repair?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH I don't want any karcher around me. Was going to give the car it's winter waxing and that's it up in the air now. Don't know when I will have working pressure washer again.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nightmare Davy...had a few problems with Karcher's "pulsing" and dropping power, definately not made as well as they were years ago...hope you get sorted then buy a Nilfisk :)

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Don't want a replacement I want my money back. Made my mind up on this. I don't see why they all of a sudden have became so unreliable.
Agree, they are not as reliable as they were 20 odd years ago. Mine was two years into a five year warranty so with a warranty like that I still buy Karcher.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Nigel but with my luck this week I will say NO lol. I would prob crash my car on the over flip sake.

I see where you are coming from but it's the haste of not having a power washer for maybe 2,3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Funny you should post this, My Karcher is less than 2 years old but have lost original sale receipt from halfrauds! Its the K2 home model, today is the first time i've used it in a few months and it was absolutely chucking water out where the hose locks in, I thought the fixing had come loose but looks like to be internal leak, I also noticed oil or something leaking from the inside so my guess its not going to last much longer but what can I do its probably 18 months old, no box, no reciept yet it came with 2 yr warranty.

·
Registered
775 Posts
In March 2012 I bought a karcher K5.7. This with an extended warranty. Well to date it's been back 2 times in Nov and Oct last year. And it has gone again. I would use it once a week and in the winter once a fortnite. The first time the motor was replaced the second time it was a switch and that's all they said. This time it just cut out while I was using it. When I contacted Karcher I asked for a full refund. Do you think I am within my rites to do this? I am still awaiting a response from Karcher.
Karcher are generally crap, I've had no end of problems with machines over the years!

Don't want a replacement I want my money back. Made my mind up on this. I don't see why they all of a sudden have became so unreliable.
Cost cutting like everyone else!!

Funny you should post this, My Karcher is less than 2 years old but have lost original sale receipt from halfrauds! Its the K2 home model, today is the first time i've used it in a few months and it was absolutely chucking water out where the hose locks in, I thought the fixing had come loose but looks like to be internal leak, I also noticed oil or something leaking from the inside so my guess its not going to last much longer but what can I do its probably 18 months old, no box, no reciept yet it came with 2 yr warranty.
My K2 did exactly the same but to be fair to Karcher this time they sent me out a replacement. I bought it in Halfords.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have only stuck with Karcher as to change to Nilfisk, Kranzle or any other type I would also have to factor in the additional cost of replacing my brass fitting on my foam lance.....not sure if the Karcher fitting fits any other make tbh

·
Registered
775 Posts
So what do people suggest? Nilfisk?

I was going to get a refurbished K2 to save money and because I thought Karcher were 'the best'. Apparently not.
To be honest in the world we live in today where manufacturers penny pinch all the time I doubt it makes much difference what you buy, just make use of the warranty so the longer that is the better!!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
There seems to be more threads about people having issues with Nilfisk washers now. Take a look in the tools section - tons of pulsing Nilfisks.

You have to spend decent money to get a reliable machine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well at least they got back to me. But still further on. They have to speak to there manager lol. Must be some conversation lol
So what does people use if kranzle,nilfisk and karcher are crap?

I was thinking exactly what you said Scott about the fitments.

SteveyG when you say spend decent money how much is that exactly?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.