Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok used my lambs wool mit to wash the evo on sunday and its fell to bits :(
its only been used maybe 15 times, anyone else had this??? o and when drying it smelt like a wet dog :(

perhaps its a dogs wool mit :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some people put washmitts in the washing machine - big mistake usually..
i just rinse my dooka washpad out with cold water and leave to dry, fine so far..
thats what I've been doing. o well time for a new one kev, what would you recommend for my evo ??:thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How old is it and is the supplier still in business

I would be looking at getting it replaced FOC myself, but that's up to you :)
can't even remember where i picked it up. I'm always buying stuff.
Same as I would recommend for any car:

http://www.sheepskinshop.co.uk/productlisting.aspx?cid=77&pid=69&c=Sheepskin Wash Mitts

still on my first one after 2 years (looking after 2 cars). Rinse well after use and hang to air dry.
thanks ill look into that

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Same here, wookie wash mitts just about 2yrs old, a simple warm water rinse after use with an air dry then a little brush and blowdry before putting it back in the cupboard its been great and still looks brand new.

I previously had a few dodo juice triple mitt's that didn't last a full 8 month's out so if it's the same then time to invest and look after bud:D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Cheaper ones tend to fall to bits. Ive actually had relatively cheap halfords ones that have lasted. I wash them in the machine with no conditioner/detergent etc every so often but not after every wash. The main thing is not to dry it out on the radiator or tumble dryer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.