Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After detailing My Cooper SD around easter time - Full machine polish… :buffer:

I kept the car immaculate but that OCD has taken a downwards spiral of late due to work, the car going into the dealership and coming out washed and slightly swirly etc… I haven't waxed the car for a good 3-4 months and have lost total interest in my buffing glory…

The problem mainly has been the time… I work away from home and have 2 days to keep everyone happy and keep on top of the car - it just takes so long!

However, between looking on here the last couple of days again, and a friend buying a JCW Cooper S who has started modding it (Very nicely I must add) Its left me with the need for gloss!

Has anyone been in the same situation as me?

Also, when I got my Meg's DA last year I bought the Juicy 3M sample pots which was more than enough to do a car with… maybe 2 at a push dependant on the ability to use all 3xCompounds, When detailing the car, I noticed that the Orange Hex pad use to fill up so quickly with 3M's Fast Cut and I started to loose the cut from the product, had the abrasives just broken down and clogged the pad? or could it be due to the pad was slightly damp? Also note, only 3 pea sizes blobs of polish were used at each stage!!

Im looking at a some more products, Seen the Meg's 105 + 205 is popular but Im after some advise on if theres anything I could try instead of the 3M?

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
The Megs 105/205 is very popular and very versatile. I would suspect the Meguiars is easier to work with a DA than the 3M range. The Meguiars Ultimate Compound also seems to be popular as does the Scholl range although I have no experience of them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Megs 105/205 is very popular and very versatile. I would suspect the Meguiars is easier to work with a DA than the 3M range. The Meguiars Ultimate Compound also seems to be popular as does the Scholl range although I have no experience of them.
Thanks for the response mate, also sen good reviews on the auto finesse kit? any one else used these>?

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
After detailing My Cooper SD around easter time - Full machine polish… :buffer:

I kept the car immaculate but that OCD has taken a downwards spiral of late due to work, the car going into the dealership and coming out washed and slightly swirly etc… I haven't waxed the car for a good 3-4 months and have lost total interest in my buffing glory…

The problem mainly has been the time… I work away from home and have 2 days to keep everyone happy and keep on top of the car - it just takes so long!

However, between looking on here the last couple of days again, and a friend buying a JCW Cooper S who has started modding it (Very nicely I must add) Its left me with the need for gloss!

Has anyone been in the same situation as me?

Also, when I got my Meg's DA last year I bought the Juicy 3M sample pots which was more than enough to do a car with… maybe 2 at a push dependant on the ability to use all 3xCompounds, When detailing the car, I noticed that the Orange Hex pad use to fill up so quickly with 3M's Fast Cut and I started to loose the cut from the product, had the abrasives just broken down and clogged the pad? or could it be due to the pad was slightly damp? Also note, only 3 pea sizes blobs of polish were used at each stage!!

Im looking at a some more products, Seen the Meg's 105 + 205 is popular but Im after some advise on if theres anything I could try instead of the 3M?
yup, missus working 3 days a week, me 5-6 days a week, 3 yr old to entertain, trying to keep the taxi clean, gets too much sometimes, havent machine polished for over a year now :(

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
If you are struggling for time matey and find yourself only having an hour or 2 here and there why dont you try doing it a panel at a time rather than in 1 shot. Whizz round the car with a wash, then do say a decon and correction on a door. Wax it and rhats that done.

I find it can take time for a pad/polish combo that works for you. I love megs 105/205 because they r easy to work with. Just as i like the menzerna polishes, however i do find them very very dusty.

Buy some samples from [email protected] and see what works for you :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys. Yeah it is overwhelming thinking of spending the entire weekend on the car!! Not cheap either!! Don't half get through some gear!!

Any one used the Rupes range? Or again the auto finesse kit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.