Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a little play on the front wing of my new car, a 2007 Subaru Legacy.

Sadly it's a 2.0i which means its insanely underpowered and according to the stats half the bhp of my old car and it's auto :(

But it serves a purpose and once the wife goes back to work after the babies are born shes promised something more powerful as she likes faster cars too lol.

So after giving the windscreen a good going over with Carpro FlyBy30 I decided to give the front wing a quick polish to see how it goes.

So a quick decon with Iron X, Tar X and a clay to pick up whats left I got out the yellow 3M polish on a blue waffle pad and got a reasonable result.

Then a quick wipe down with Eraser and the Polish Angel Escalte Lotion on a black waffle pad and a coat of Polish Angel Master Sealant.

The finish from the Master Sealant was awesome and I cant wait to give the car a full going over in the holidays and getting a few coats put down.

One thing I did notice was the isane orange peel, one thing I may have to address as it does bug me.

So some pics:

Before

After 3M

After Escalte and Master Sealant

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good, wish I had a garage to apply all these sealants that need to avoid sunlight and water whilst the cure ��
My garage isn't ideal, it's dusty and it leaks. But its undercover so that's all that matters lol

Got my new DW stickers on today :D

I know, wrong country for Waxstock, but a nice chap sent it over and if people here see it, they may google it and end up here, meaning more Kiwi members :D

And the wing I polished:

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to see you keeping your hand in fella:buffer:..nice colour too! :)

Chris:wave:
Trying lol, luckily we have a good supplier here trying to bring the Kiwis upto date with the rest of the world in detailing terms

esclate and master sealant did make the difference, nice work Alex !
They're awesome products, I cant wait to find the time to finish the rest :)

I was going to try Art De Sicko, but I knew Master Sealant on this colour would be awesome.

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Time for some more playing around:

Sort of befores, I forgot to take pictures until after. But this is what the whole car looks like.

50/50 of sorts, the flat parts has been sanded and the recess has not

Half sanded, half polished

And some reflections

Not 100% but then all I've tried is 2000 grit and Scholl S3 and a Scholl wool pad.

Tomorrow will be 2500, 3000 & 4000 and S3 and wool and then polished and refined.

Unless the my wife goes into labour then it'll be 18 years until I finish it lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.