Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a question i was wondering about

My neighbor had this "you never have to wax again" treatment done on his new VW

I don't know what its called but he recons all he has to do is was it down and he dries it

I think it cost him the thick end of around £400, but it may of been a bit less or a bit more

Whats everyone's opinion of the treatment rip off or not?

·
Registered
543 Posts
They charge a fortune for it too and it's only about £20 to buy it I'm sure! As has been said its fine if you're not into cleaning your car, I don't understand why you would buy a brand new motor and not want to keep it tip top yourself, but I suppose that's why I'm on here :lol:

·
Registered
399 Posts
But surely , the type who never clean's their car is the type that use's the local "hand wash" and therefore these dealer applied coating's are not going to last 5 min's when subjected to the TFR2 commonly used by these place's.

·
36,475 Posts
would be brill but £400 is rip off for something that costs about £20 and is usually poorly applied over badly prepped paintwork, will last a few weeks at most..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My neighbour is allways cleaning his car, hes retired :D

He even cleans it if they are going away to see their daughter :doublesho

Hes not a two bucket man and thinks i have nothing better to do when the "big" clean gets done :lol:

I presume its easy to cut through this treatment and make it a waste of money

He did say at the time he was buying he was going to get it done and i told him to save his money as i had been told it isnt worth it, but he didnt listen :rolleyes:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This maybe, lasted all of 3 weeks so not sure it was ever applied, so off with this and on with the true protection.

That good ehh

How do you know its had it

Does it not bead anymore or what, just out of interest

Im not going to tell him hes wasted his money, no point closing the barn door and all that :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
When I took delivery of my new Renaultsport Twingo the dealers head detailer went out of his way to tell me how he'd given it a good coat of "Carbonara" wax :lol:

Bless him, he was about 60, I didn't have the heart to correct him and to be fair it looked nice and shiney!

·
DW Supporter
3,622 Posts
Even basic showroom polish will create some sort of beading for a few weeks, this was as flat as a pancake, no beading or sheeting at all so I guess it wasn't applied?! he was shocked and I think he sent a copy of his bill from me to them! I'm in touch with Jewelultra about this as I'd like to know more about the product and application processes, so if it comes to anything ill post on this thread.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Even basic showroom polish will create some sort of beading for a few weeks, this was as flat as a pancake, no beading or sheeting at all so I guess it wasn't applied?! he was shocked and I think he sent a copy of his bill from me to them! I'm in touch with Jewelultra about this as I'd like to know more about the product and application processes, so if it comes to anything ill post on this thread.
That would be interesting :thumb:

Thanks look forward to that.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
When I took delivery of my new Renaultsport Twingo the dealers head detailer went out of his way to tell me how he'd given it a good coat of "Carbonara" wax :lol:

Bless him, he was about 60, I didn't have the heart to correct him and to be fair it looked nice and shiney!
:lol: bet it took forever to get the spaghetti out of the scuttle panel :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
If it's from a Volkswagen dealership, chances are it's Autogylm's "Lifeshine" for which they charge around £350-400, yet you can buy the pack on ebaY for £10-20.

IMO it's a pretty poor finish which lasts weeks at worst and only a few months at best. There's been considerable discussion about it on the Golf Mk7 and VW-Audi boards, consensus is that applying DIY finishes such as G|Techniq is better value and far better quality.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.