Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not your normal wedding present but knowing the happy couple well, I elected in the knowledge the bride's corsa was a lovely shade of pink, to give a present offering my services on her car.

I finally got my chance 14 months later. :thumb:

The car as it came to me. Only needed a little bit of tar removing from the lower sills, and a swift claying once tardis and iron out had done its job.

Bonnet - Tactic was simple. Attack with my EP801 using a tough pad and megs cleaner polish, followed by DAS6 with Megs speed Glaze

Working across

Bonnet done

The side - lovely....

Working it.... working it!

Getting across the roof

Finished the offside

The rear end

Sticker leftover - it put up no fight!

Getting it done - saving that end bit for when I do the nearside

Ah - Side part deux

Thought about leaving the bride's name in the side. Decided not to.... :D

Nearside done

Finished car

I enjoyed doing it. Please note this was by far a "detail" - I was concentrating on the paint alone, and nothing else. The wife had bumper stuff anyway, and after all I think the pink paint mattered more than slapping on a little tyre dressing :lol:

Oh, and the whole thing only took 3 hours. It's not a tough job this vauxhall red malarky! :buffer:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
What's up with the paint in the 2nd last photo above the rear tyre looks like it is scuffed in two areas?

Nice turnaround from pink to red. Do you have any photos of it in direct light or with a torch?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I enjoyed doing it. Please note this was by far a "detail" - I was concentrating on the paint alone, and nothing else. The wife had bumper stuff anyway, and after all I think the pink paint mattered more than slapping on a little tyre dressing
Refreshingly honest.... Great work too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's up with the paint in the 2nd last photo above the rear tyre looks like it is scuffed in two areas?

Nice turnaround from pink to red. Do you have any photos of it in direct light or with a torch?
Hadn't seen that, but looks like a missed bit of polish to me. There were no scuffs when I had finished. :buffer:

As for being happy - I had a text from the owner saying I had taken years off her! Good enough compliment for me.

I never bothered with torch / close-ups / swirling etc. This was just a pink to red, and nothing more. :thumb: I'll save the macro shots for proper corrections. :D

Reactions: Will_G
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.