Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have used these products for various tasks but can they be used as a drying aid and if they can, what ratio would it be at ?

·
Registered
520 Posts
They absolutely can be used as a drying "lubricant" i.e offering lubrication between the paint and your drying cloth. 1-128 I think is the waterless dilution you can use as a drying aid

·
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
1,881 Posts
For me, a drying aid is a product that provides water repellency so the water sheets off the car whilst rinsing so there is less or No water to remove rather than just providing lubrication and in my experience ONR does not provide repellency although it may be claimed. QD's are best as drying aids IMO or Si02 products like Dry and Shine.

·
Registered
520 Posts
And for me a drying aid is something that aids me in drying my car. These rinseless washes most definitely displace water from the surface as you spray them on to a wet panel. I always pre rinse with my pressure washer before I pre soak the panels with rinseless, the panels are wet with water from the pressure washer, upon spraying the rinseless product on, the majority of the water displaces before I make physical contact with my media and solution. So they can and will aid in drying a vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And for me a drying aid is something that aids me in drying my car. These rinseless washes most definitely displace water from the surface as you spray them on to a wet panel. I always pre rinse with my pressure washer before I pre soak the panels with rinseless, the panels are wet with water from the pressure washer, upon spraying the rinseless product on, the majority of the water displaces before I make physical contact with my media and solution. So they can and will aid in drying a vehicle
I know you mentioned the ratio for waterless in one of your earlier replies. What ratio do you use for the pre soak ? Is it the same ratio 1:128

·
Registered
520 Posts
I know you mentioned the ratio for waterless in one of your earlier replies. What ratio do you use for the pre soak ? Is it the same ratio 1:128
Yes I pre soak at waterless dilution, you don't have to, you can use the same 1-256 by filling your spray bottle from your bucket of solution. But because I pressure rinse down first and the surface is wet, I find the stronger solution works best for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I pre soak at waterless dilution, you don't have to, you can use the same 1-256 by filling your spray bottle from your bucket of solution. But because I pressure rinse down first and the surface is wet, I find the stronger solution works best for me
Ok thanks,

Next time I wash the car i will try this and also try using it as a drying aid and see how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts