Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

am thinking of getting some of megs tyre gel as at the minute im just useing the spray can type of dressing.
how good is this stuff,as the spray im useing only lasts about 2 to 3 days.
i also use the same tyre spray on my black trim.
it does the job,but again only lasts a few days.
so can the tyre gel also be used on trim or am i better of getting some proper trim product?

thanks

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
For trim I'd recommend a sealant based product like Nanolex Trim Rejuvenator which lasts for several months following application. Meg's Endurance Gel is good for tyres if you like a glossy finish :thumb:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I use megs all the time, you can leave it looking really glossy but I have also buffed it back down after its been applied for a more satin look. Different make tyres can also make the finish look a bit different. Make sure you clean your tyres before applying to get better longer lasting results:thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Megs gel is great for tyres, apply it nice and thin though. Their sponge applicator makes this job much easier.
For black trim I use carplan black trim wax. We all know how hard wax or polish is to get off black trim, so they just made a black wax for the job! :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recon that if you were to search all the threads on here about tyre dressing, it would be Meg's Endurance that would get the biggest number of votes. Bit like the VW Golf of the tyre dressing world - you can find cars that are better in certain areas but as an all rounder you just can't beat it. Never came across a bad review providing you apply it to dry tyres. I keep trying the odd one just to be different (just bought some Autobrite berry blast trim detailer as it's less than half price on their 12 days of Xmas offer, so it would be rude not to) but always come back to the Meg's at the end of the day. Never tried it on trim, but as others have said probably better trim dressings out there.

·
Registered
544 Posts
On my 3rd bottle now since 2008, It lasts a long time! Around 12months, I use it a lot, and great on tyres (dry) and on the trim to, I find it perfect for both.

Maybe not the best out there, but a very good product, so much so I wouldn't buy anything else, I never have!

Luke

·
Registered
583 Posts
Megs endurance is probably best kept on tyres only, i did put it on my mk2 golf bumpers, and door handles grill etc.Did look really well but dust stuck too it and when it rained it just ran down the panels and made a real mess:wall: And Rich your mk1 is stunning...... I will gladly swop you my mk5 gti for it:thumb:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Never had any issues with AG instant Tyre Dressing. I put on two coats, letting the first dry before adding the second and never wipe it over. This gives a nice satin finish that's very black without looking like plastic. Don't get any Tyre sling and it lasts 2 to 3 weeks.

For trim I've always used AG Bumper Care. It's crap at getting off wax and polish marks but lasts a good long while and looks great if you take the time to even it out with a cloth before it dries.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.