Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from this thread: Part 1.

Part 2 - In The Light of Day: 7th April

One day after the application of NXT 2.0, and being Scotland, we got our first day of rain which dried up this evening to allow a few pics of the performance of the NXT 2.0 as a water beader. Car has been out and driven today, no cleaning afterwards so this may take a little of the edge of the observed beading due to a light dirt layer.

However, the finish in the daylight from the NXT 2.0 really does impress - a lovely warmth and gloss imparted to the red paint is now obvious, especially when compared to the untreated areas (themselves soon to be subject to an LSP challenge ;))...

So - some pictures of the beads:

Compared with untreated test area:

And some pictures of the finish in general:

Beading is fairly tight with this product, not Collinite tight, but compared to many sealents, this product does tend to bead well... This of course is not indicative of protection, but is a sought after quality in LSPs so it is being tested here.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not all about the beading for an LSP - its not an indication of level of protection, but is certainly sought after in the finish by quite a few folks, hence it being included in the test... If its the ultimate in beading, I find Collinite 476S hard to beat.

Of more interest to me will be when this car is first washed to test the water sheeting properties of the sealent - fast and complete, slow and complete or poor... will be interesting to see. :)

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
Dave - Megs confirmed NXT 2.0 doesnt have cleaners this time and can happily be layered etc without removing itself. Bit of a debate over on Autopia but Mike Phillips confirmed the answer in the end....

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Dave - Megs confirmed NXT 2.0 doesnt have cleaners this time and can happily be layered etc without removing itself. Bit of a debate over on Autopia but Mike Phillips confirmed the answer in the end....
Yeah it's weird because on the Father in Laws Rover the PC pad action, using the NXT 2.0 as a lubricant, did clean the paint. But it must just have been as i didn't clay or polish the paint.

Tis a good product for the money thats for sure

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah it's weird because on the Father in Laws Rover the PC pad action, using the NXT 2.0 as a lubricant, did clean the paint. But it must just have been as i didn't clay or polish the paint.

Tis a good product for the money thats for sure
So do you think you could get away with SRP under it now?

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
So do you think you could get away with SRP under it now?
Sorry if you mean will NXT 2.0 stick to a layer SRP and not remove the fillers left by it.

I'd have to try it to be sure but i don't see any obvious reason it would cause a problem, i'd hand apply it to reduce the abrasive action from the pad though.

With these things it's always best to try (and then post up the results :thumb: ).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.