Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from these threads: Part 1; Part 2

Part 3 - First Wash: 13th April

One week after application of the NXT Tech Wax 2.0 to the test section of my dad's Vauxhall Astra every day car, it was time for a wash... Car had general use this week, little bit of B&Q, trip down a muddy farm track a few times and parked at a beach... So, plenty of muck was left on the paint pre washing:

Rinse water from a watering can, rose fitted, was sprinkled onto the paintwork as a pre-rinse (no foam availability at the moment), and while there was evidence of some beading of the water, the pictures reveal that this is flat and pretty unconvincing:

However, this is simply a result of the fact there is a layer of salt on the car from being at the beach - dirt layers kill beading off completely, rendering it a bad way to ultimately judge the durability IMHO. As we know that clean paint can also happily bead water with no protection at all...

The car was then washed with Meguiars Shampoo Plus, two bucket method and then rinsed. Sheeting from the NXT 2.0 at this stage is shown in the video below:

Its not super fast like Collinite wax, but there is very reasonable speed to the sheeting at this stage and the majority of the water is leaving the paintwork - only a few beads here and there remaining.

The results after the wash show a nice warm glow to the red paint still evident, just as on the day of application:

Next update soon... :)

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
did mine at the weekend again, and very similar results. I'm a few weeks ahead of you in application time Dave, but mines not a fiar test as the NXT 2.0 was put on over over stuff left over from winter....

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I put some on the wifes silver Polo yesterday. Gave the car a wonderful slick feeling to the paint and a great sparkly glow. Thanks to the person who supplied the sample ^^^^^ I've probably got enough for another layer next week.

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
I put some on the wifes silver Polo yesterday. Gave the car a wonderful slick feeling to the paint and a great sparkly glow. Thanks to the person who supplied the sample ^^^^^ I've probably got enough for another layer next week.
glad you like it - I didnt see quite the same look on my dark silver Saab, but if it works for you ;)....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Its not super fast like Collinite wax, but there is very reasonable speed to the sheeting at this stage and the majority of the water is leaving the paintwork - only a few beads here and there remaining.
having used collinite (all three) I had never sheeting like this. (for me) collinite beads like crazy but does not sheet very well. (it is just me?)

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess its the beading kind of looks flat and unpolished to me.

The picture where its wet looks like there isnt a lot on it.
Yup, the beading shots are pre wash... a weeks worth of grime and a salt layer sitting on the paint there. But its not as tight beading as the tight beaders like Collinite.

Dont read too much into beading though - its simply a reflection of surface tension, and clean unprotected paint can bead water very effectively. Rinse water sheeting will give a better indication, as will the squeak test.

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
I'm with Dave - the 'look' of NXT 2.0 is excellent, especially on darker colours. Easily as good as many of the 'quality' (aka very expensive ;)) waxes i have used.... I dont find the beading quite as tight, even when its clean, but thats not everything.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is the NXT performing Dave?
Wouldnt mind an update too!
Weather permitting, next updat will come on Sunday... I decided to give the sealent a real test, so its been on my dad's car now for three weeks since the last wash and its been parked at a beach for six days in that time, so some lovely salt air, some hot sunshine to bake on the salt scum.. Its getting a good test as we speak, and when its washed on Sunday we'll see how well its holding up :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
The NXT on both of our cars is holding up quite well. I've had it on for over a month now and it still beads like new. Sheets very well as well. It still provides the depth that it gave me when first applied.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.