Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i had always been a meguiars gold class liquid user i later on got some autoglym ultra deep shine which i couldnt get on with, harder to get off and left a chalky residue :mad: now im onto sealants. anyway heres the beading from all 4 products as of today, car was washed and dried, no claying and 1 coat of prima amigo with the 4 products on top as of 15th sept

bonnet with prima hydro seal

bootlid was split into 3, furthest ag, middle blackfire wet diamond afpp then megs gold class

this is the roof with bf wet diamond and all the rest of the car also has this

still all beading pretty well as i thought the waxes would of dropped off by now, maybe its just the place i have put them? :lol:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
In my mind that beading is dead if that is a freshly washed car then i would be wanting to reapply new protection.

What I do find surprising how all the beading is looking the same as I would expect some differences between the different coatings its like something is interfering with them Shampoo maybe not fully rinsed.

I could go take picture of both my cars with different coatings that have been on between 6 weeks and 5 months none look that flat sorry I dont mean to sound rude its just not what i would personally be happy with :thumb:

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Just As the Goodfella36 above.
If its freshly washed so no traffic film then it needs another coating, and also as the glooping of the water as i wont go so far to say beading looks so uniform it could be down to the shampoo leaving something behind.

However if all have failed at the same time or contaminated one another from multiple washes possibly that has given the uniform look.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was washed on sunday and that was after i had driven it round the block. funny you should say about the shampoo because since i put all the coatings on i have been washing with megs gold class, the first wash with it left very little water at all. but every wash since then the water sticks flat like an unprotected car. must be the gloss enhancers in it?. i even used some of the carchem shampoo on sunday to see if that would make a difference, but no, still water flat on every panel. looks like i will have to start from fresh at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
it was washed on sunday and that was after i had driven it round the block. funny you should say about the shampoo because since i put all the coatings on i have been washing with megs gold class, the first wash with it left very little water at all. but every wash since then the water sticks flat like an unprotected car. must be the gloss enhancers in it?. i even used some of the carchem shampoo on sunday to see if that would make a difference, but no, still water flat on every panel. looks like i will have to start from fresh at the weekend.
Do you have to panel wipe after Prima? I've never used it, but if it left oils I could see that being the reason it failed quickly. Over concentrated soap would do it too. I've found that after claying the surface is quite stripped, and a clay and wax is a good way to get proper bonding (IPA doesn't aways remove all polishing oils).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.