Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been doing some lurking for a while and this place is just full of helpful answers and helpful people!

Anyway, I’ve got a question that I couldn’t find an answer for myself…what’s everyone’s opinion on using a leather cleaner from one brand with a conditioner from another.

I’m thinking that keeping to one set (eg. CG’s leather cleaner with conditioner or Koch-Chemie’s Pol Star with Leather Star) would be sensible, but perhaps I am wrong.

Any suggestions of good standalone products, product combinations or techniques would be much appreciated. I’ve got lots to learn!

James

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi
If you want to stick to the same brand I have the below
Gyeon do both a mild and strong leather kits.
Colourlock also do a range of kits

I’ve used Dr Leather wipes alongside Gtechniq L1 leather guard for years and never had any issues with these 2. The wipes are super handy to.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
If you want to stick to the same brand I have the below
Gyeon do both a mild and strong leather kits.
Colourlock also do a range of kits

I’ve used Dr Leather wipes alongside Gtechniq L1 leather guard for years and never had any issues with these 2. The wipes are super handy to.

Good luck

Thanks Dom, I’ll have a look :)
How does the Gyeon Leather Coat work as a conditioner? Is it more of a protector than a ‘moisturiser?’

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mix and match. P&S Xpress for cleaning. I use several products for protection including Gyeon Leather coat and shield.

LS is a Ceramic Coating anf LS is more of a sealant.

Most new leathers are synthetic and usually have a coating on them. Conditioning isn’t really needed. You are more protecting t e coating on them like you would clearcoat on paint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mix and match. P&S Xpress for cleaning. I use several products for protection including Gyeon Leather coat and shield.

LS is a Ceramic Coating anf LS is more of a sealant.

Most new leathers are synthetic and usually have a coating on them. Conditioning isn’t really needed. You are more protecting t e coating on them like you would clearcoat on paint.

Ah okay I wasn’t actually aware of that. Will definitely look further into Gyeon I think then.

Do you have much to comment on in terms of the longevity and finish of Gyeon Leather Coat? All positive or some criticism's

Also does anyone have any experience with their leather cleaner who can give me a bit of info on the difference between mild and strong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts