Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as some of you may know, a few months back the wife and I took delivery of our new cars. A new Golf MK7 GTD for me, and a Polo Blue GT for the wife.

I've been trying to clean them for a number of weeks now, but it's been raining constantly for about 3 weeks now. So on Sunday, the weather forecast was half good, so I got out early to give the pair of them a clean.

No before's I'm afraid as I was up against it on time, but basically, snow foamed with AF foam, details and badges with a detailing brush. Wheels done with a lambswool mitt and my wheel woollies (no cleaner as the wheels were sealed a few months ago with Poorboys Wheel sealant and still doing it's job admirably).

Cars rinsed, then cleaned (TBM) with megs shampoo and Lambswool mitts. Dried with my drying towels and my Metro Vac blower (using Megs last touch to aid drying). Both cars were treated to Gtechniq C2V3 soon after collection and it was still beading well, so no additional protection required. Tyres dressed with Megs endurance Tyre Gel, and glass cleaned with Autoglym Fast glass.

Interior hovered and rubber mats cleaned and wiped down (after the photos were taken - sorry), then the dash and plastic panels wiped over with a damp microfibre towel.

So, onto the obligatory photos:

Golf GTD

DSC_1074 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1075 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1076 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1077 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1079 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1083 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1086 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Polo Blue GT

DSC_1087 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1089 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1090 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1092 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1093 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1095 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

It then proceeded to absolutely chuck it down when I'd finished (as it always seems to :)), so time for some gratuitous beading shots from the C2V3 after 2 months.

DSC_1071 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_1073 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Excellent work buddy! I've just signed up to GolfGTIforum.co.uk and I recognise your username! I've just ordered a GTI a few weeks ago so been reading over some bits and bobs.

Your car looks tremendous, nice job!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps, and JBirchy, you are in for a real treat when the GTI arrives.

Mine is fast enough (for me) but the GTI takes it to another level but with the same refinement and comfort as the rest of the MK7 range in other words it doesn't become some hard core track racer that shakes your fillings out !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.