Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

If you followed my last thread...the Audi was fun but I wanted a change.

Couldn't decide what I wanted...But!! as luck would have it my dream car came up for sale after speaking to my (even more so than me) petrol head cousin...

Introducing the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR in Apex Silver.

Picked up for a pricely sum so a shopping list has been drawn....as you would expect.

- Get rid of that bl00dy 'Drift' spoiler. Replace with OEM
- Wing mirrors for OEM...it's got Shrek ones at the mo.
- Paintwork bits and bobs - Meshes, bumpers, wheels need freshening up.
- Sort the interior - Boost gauge, steering wheel and lap timer removed/replaced.

But first...on the way to dropping my lovely girlfriend to play at her Remembrance Parade...the clutch went pop at about 1 bar in 5th on the A4...bugg£r.

So first up. New clutch and a detail this weekend...if it get's popped in the beast in time.

:driver:

Watch this space.

Peace.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great mate, got an evo 5 myself that I'm in the process of tidying up, clutch just gave up on mine too lol! Get yourself on the MLR - handy for sale section and sprinting action!

Where you getting your clutch from? Carparts4less.co.uk have an oem exedy one for £185 delivered, bargain!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great mate, got an evo 5 myself that I'm in the process of tidying up, clutch just gave up on mine too lol! Get yourself on the MLR - handy for sale section and sprinting action!

Where you getting your clutch from? Carparts4less.co.uk have an oem exedy one for £185 delivered, bargain!
Ah nice mate! That's cool, would be good to swap idea etc.

The guy I bought it from is getting a clutch and flywheel for me, as it went pop in 24 hours...:s...and it was my cousin. He's gutted, lol

He's getting them from Camskill for 600 delivered.

Don't know where I can get hold of an OEM spoiler do you? :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice project. Agreed putting it back to OEM look is the way forward.

At the moment we've got an Evo 3 project on the go. It's amazing the parts you can get from Mitsubishi main dealers even on these imports.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice. Standard spoiler and get shot of those odd reflectors on the rear bumper!

Looks a nice one, but be sure to check underneath as they rust real fast if not properly protected!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I quite like the wing :)
It's ok for the mo I till I can be bothered to get a new one, paint it, repair th boot and fit it :censored:

Very nice, probably my favourite shape Evo.

Should look great once you've replaced the bolt-on tat :D

Not 100% on the gold wheels myself but that's a personal thing.
Thanks, has always been my fave shape too.

When I first saw it I thought the wheels had to go, now really love them. :argie:

Nice project. Agreed putting it back to OEM look is the way forward.

At the moment we've got an Evo 3 project on the go. It's amazing the parts you can get from Mitsubishi main dealers even on these imports.
Thanks mate. If you've got a thread I'll check it out. I've got loads of rusty bolts etc to replace if they are too far gone so I'll be popping to and from the stealers soon. :p

Nice car - do like these. :thumb:

Any parts you are after etc, try http://www.autotorque.net/

These guys know all there is to know on Evo's & have a lot of parts etc.

:thumb:
Thanks man, means a lot front THE bouncer ;)

Nice be great to get the Meccano wing off :)

Will you have to replace the boot, or will the oem one fit in the same place?
Yeah, I'll have to repair the boot potentially. Depends where the bases sit.

Very nice. Standard spoiler and get shot of those odd reflectors on the rear bumper!

Looks a nice one, but be sure to check underneath as they rust real fast if not properly protected!
Thanks pal!

Yeah, I'll be putting an order into BiltHamber very soon. :thumb:

Unfortunately, the reflectors hold the rear fog light...so unless I can figure out something different...they may have to stay. :(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Careful with those rusty bolts. They do like to snap as we've found out a few times. :(

http://japancars.ru/index.php?route...id=1&area=M00&cat=A016F000A&mdl=CP9A&clf=SNGF

Worth using this online guide to look for any OEM bits you need from Mitz.
Only double and triple check the part numbers before ordering them blind from Mitsubishi.
They have a similar version of the software in the dealers so at least you'll know the pages where they can be found when in there.

Also is the car protected underneath? worth doing as even these later Evo can be rust buckets if not treated well.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=322183

Looking forward to updates. Must update our thread lol

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Careful with those rusty bolts. They do like to snap as we've found out a few times. :(

http://japancars.ru/index.php?route...id=1&area=M00&cat=A016F000A&mdl=CP9A&clf=SNGF

Worth using this online guide to look for any OEM bits you need from Mitz.
Only double and triple check the part numbers before ordering them blind from Mitsubishi.
They have a similar version of the software in the dealers so at least you'll know the pages where they can be found when in there.

Also is the car protected underneath? worth doing as even these later Evo can be rust buckets if not treated well.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=322183

Looking forward to updates. Must update our thread lol
Thanks for that mate, going to be replacing loads of parts and doing some rust repair coz....mine...kind of spent...10 year in...Worthing. SEASALT! Finger crossed. I have had a quick peek and it's not completely rotten.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right so this bad boy turned up today...

Got a cam bet kit too so my mech will pick it up tomorrow and get cracking.
Can't wait to get it back!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.