Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DW's car of the day man & Moderator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia have revealed their range topping EV6 GT that will catch other high performance cars by surprise. The all-electric crossover has two electric motors that combine for an output of 577 BHP and 740 Nm of torque with power sent to all four wheels giving the GT a Porsche Taycan baiting 3.5 seconds to 60 MPH. Top speed is an impressive 162 MPH. The 800 volt battery will allow the EV6 GT to recharge from 10 to 80 percent in just 18 minutes. Maximum DC rapid charging capability should be over 220 kWh. Standard equipment for the GT includes 21 inch alloys, different exterior styling, adaptive suspension and electronic limited slip diff. Inside the cabin are slim lightweight seats made out of recycled plastic bottles. The EV6 GT can also tow loads weighing up to 1,600 Kg which is strong for an electric car. An interesting feature is a heat pump that's fitted which scavenges waste heat from the cars coolant system which means that even in temperatures as low as -7C, the car can achieve 80 percent of it's claimed range. Order books are now open with deliveries starting in the Autumn starting at £59,995.

Like it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,459 Posts
Nope, the pictures make it look okay but in real life, it's fugly and 162mph? Hardly the last word in performance considering that everyone's favourite EV to hate, the Tesla can outstrip that - in the case of the Model S Plaid, easily

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Like that, they've just added them onto our company car list. Saw a metallic blue on in svs yesterday, obviously not that specification but certainly an EV6.

Impressive numbers there - 577 bhp, 740 nm, 3.5 to 60, 162 mph. Why? Why do you need any of that performance in what is a family car? Half all of those numbers pretty much and bring the price down FFS.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Like that, they've just added them onto our company car list. Saw a metallic blue on in svs yesterday, obviously not that specification but certainly an EV6.

Impressive numbers there - 577 bhp, 740 nm, 3.5 to 60, 162 mph. Why? Why do you need any of that performance in what is a family car? Half all of those numbers pretty much and bring the price down FFS.
Absolutely this, too many people and all of the motoring media obsessed about power, acceleration and top speed, most of which is completely irrelevant / unusable for 99% of the time

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Absolutely this, too many people and all of the motoring media obsessed about power, acceleration and top speed, most of which is completely irrelevant / unusable for 99% of the time
My EQC is similar but I don't need any of it, just the space/size. Yes you can leave most things for dead from traffic lights but it's gets tedious and actually very rarely gets you anywhere quicker!

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
I like it, however could manufacturers either -

Campaign the government for wider roads and specify that a parking space is 3.5 meters by 5.5meters

Build smaller lightweight cars, that's carry 4 people and a weeks shopping, that have a range of 100 miles thats doesn't reduce if you have the AC on or heating on and that it can bused in exactly the same way as a modern petrol/diesel car, can use solar charging for either batteries or other systems and is the same size as a Mk1 Fiesta/Austin metro.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I had a test drive in an ev6 this morning. Nice looking thing but bigger than I thought. The RWD one is not as nippy as I thought. Considering the AWD 320hp one but the fussy dash is putting me off a bit.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Still not sold on the rear of these new KIA's. My concern with all these electric cars doing sub 4 seconds to 60 are the old people with bad reactions driving them, oh my foot slipped in a manual car with the first gear topping out at 30 is different to my foot slipped in an electric car suddenly doing 100 before they realise and running several people over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts