Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DW's car of the day man & Moderator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The legendary Impreza, the car that won the manufactures title in the 1997 World championship and has now returned as an updated exclusive restomod. It's the work of Banbury based Motorsport outfit Prodrive which ran Subazu's works rally team from 1990-2008. This restomod shows what this car would have been today and while much of the cars styling has remained the same, the two door saloons underpinnings have almost been re-engineered. Only 25 units will be built and supplied with UK number plates and priced at £460,000. :eek: The new model keeps it's burbling flat-four Boxer engine but with capacity raised from 2.2 to 2.5 litres and power raised to 400 BHP and 443 Nm of torque. It drives both axles through a six speed semi automatic gear box with Helical-cut gears. It also has a monstrous Garret Motorsport turbo charger, a performance inter-cooler and a Titanium and stainless steel race exhaust supplied by Akrapovic. The engines cylinder liners, pistons, con-rods and valve train are all bespoke. The P25's kerb weight is 1,200 Kg and will deliver 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. The P25 rides on McPherson strut suspension front and rear and gains machined aluminium uprights that "can be tuned for camber and geometry optimized for the wider 1770 mm track". The re imaging of this car using the latest technologies and materials, the Prodrive P25 pays homage to it's roots with very little else to match this performance on the open road.

Like it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yes it's iconic
Yes it's (re) built by ProDrive
Yes it's quick
Yes it comes with UK number plates (🤪)

But £460k.

There's a 2 door P1 on Autotrader for £40k, even if you spent another £40k on reconditioning / renovating it, you'd still have a substantial chunk of cash left to buy another luxury / prestigious / supercar.

Thanks, but no.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
My claim to fame on this one, my day job, we are the supplier of the Mechanical cables for these. We Also supplied the batmobile 2022 and johnny5 replica Cables. I do enjoy My job when not making pushbike and lawn mower Cables.....

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Very nicely done (y).

It'll be an absolutely awesome tool with capabilities far beyond 99% of the folks that get behind the wheel of one. But hey, we can all pretend.

And yes, the price is erm... what can I say .... 😲 but I'd wager on them all going pretty sharpish and, as we all know, something is only "worth" what someone else will pay for it.

But if I had that sort of money I'd be spending it on something with real provenance.

Andy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts