Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DW's car of the day man & Moderator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
British sports car firm TVR are relaunching in 2024 having suffered with delay's in part to COVID with the Griffith V8 finally making production followed by their first Griffith EV. In the pipeline are two more cars which are believed to be an EV saloon and SUV. The long awaited revival will kick start longer term plans to seize the opportunities of EV's and turn TVR in to a global luxury car maker. The Griffith V8 was first revealed back in 2017 at Goodwood and will be powered by a naturally aspirated 5.0 litre Ford V, dry sumped by Cosworth and producing 500 BHP. It'll come fitted with a six speed manual gearbox. Sales will be taken care of directly by TVR online with the focus initially in the UK before branching out internationally. TVR will open three brand experience centers to showcase their vehicles. The Griffith V8 will be limited to 500 units starting from £90,000 with the Griffith EV in excess of £100,000.

Like it?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Will NEVER happen, the prototype ICE Griffith has been around for 5 years already and now not scheduled for launch until 2024 - has a car ever been facelifted before they have actually delivered one?

As for the SUV and saloon - cloud cuckoo land.

They are trying to operate on miniscule budgets, I'm working with INEOS at the moment and they so far have pumped quite a few hundred million into the development of a single model

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I remember back when they were made near Blackpool. if I went out that way for a ride I quite often came back past the factory. It was a really old factory, it looked like it has seen better days. But lined up outside were loads of chassis, bodies, and finished cars. A real cottage industry. Alfie Boe used to work there before he was famous, if my memory serves me correct I seem to remember he was a painter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I remember back when they were made near Blackpool. if I went out that way for a ride I quite often came back past the factory. It was a really old factory, it looked like it has seen better days. But lined up outside were loads of chassis, bodies, and finished cars. A real cottage industry. Alfie Boe used to work there before he was famous, if my memory serves me correct I seem to remember he was a painter.
I watched an old episode of Grand Tour while I was laid up with Covid recently and Alfie Boe was on it talking about when he worked at TVR. Apparently most of the cars came down the production line with rude messages and pictures of male appendages drawn all over the panels for the guys in the paint shop. He also said one of the painters died when he went in the paint booth without his mask on when they were using cyanide based paint.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I watched an old episode of Grand Tour while I was laid up with Covid recently and Alfie Boe was on it talking about when he worked at TVR. Apparently most of the cars came down the production line with rude messages and pictures of male appendages drawn all over the panels for the guys in the paint shop. He also said one of the painters died when he went in the paint booth without his mask on when they were using cyanide based paint.
It was the trimmers that had their own "markers", my car has the Gary Numan on the transmission tunnel, apparently David Beckhams Cerbera had a lot of comments scattered around the interior panels
Nose Eyebrow Eyelash Jaw Gesture

New car certainly sounds like a TVR should:

(1) NEW TVR Griffith DYNAMIC DEBUT at Beaulieu Supercar Weekend -- National Motor Museum, Beaulieu - YouTube

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
If you put aside the financial concerns and if the thing ever gets into production.

We all saw this in 2017. Back then we though oh yeah that looks nice, brings TVR up to date etc but....it looks old now. I was browsing as you do and I think the Sagaris looks more modern than this.

·
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
1,879 Posts
All of the last few TVR's that came out before they folded where well before their time in terms of the design especially the Sagaris. They should build the Sagaris again, what a car that is and the prices are now crazy.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
All of the last few TVR's that came out before they folded where well before their time in terms of the design especially the Sagaris. They should build the Sagaris again, what a car that is and the prices are now crazy.
Strange because amongst TVR owners the Sagaris is not that well liked, the design is trying too hard to be outrageous - I tend to agree, the pretty much mechanically identical T350 / T350T is half the price and IMHO looks better

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
1,879 Posts
Andy, T350 lovely too as is yours. Sagaris does stand out though for me. Might be biased because i've only driven a Sagaris and a Chimaera. Sagaris was particularly scary.
really do hope they make a good comeback, just a shame they have to invent electric cars, that's not what TVR's are all about IMO.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
The Sagaris certainly is an attention grabber, the low production volume is what keeps prices high. They are good to drive but not that much different to the other TVRs of the era (Tuscan, Tamora, T350), same engine, slightly different suspension set up that is easily replicated on the others - to me that rarity is not enough to justify the massive difference in values - £75k for a Sagaris vs £30k for a good Tuscan Mk1, less for a T350 or Tamora

1 - 20 of 22 Posts