Detailing World Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't want to be accussed of picking holes, but aside from the odd exception T350 / Tamors were 3.6s, rather than 4.0s (Sagaris) - reasonable mix in the Tuscans, depending on build date and "S" spec.

I think the later T cars used the same chassis as the Sagaris, but the Sag has wider and higher pickup points. Pretty sure the Sag is 50mm wider track. As for the Mk1 Tuscan, they were a very different experience out of the box compared to the Sagaris (IMO).

All the T cars do make the earlier RV8 cars seem very agricultural though. Still fancy a Cerbera myself...

As for the new one? Ugh. Pass.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I don't want to be accussed of picking holes, but aside from the odd exception T350 / Tamors were 3.6s, rather than 4.0s (Sagaris) - reasonable mix in the Tuscans, depending on build date and "S" spec.

I think the later T cars used the same chassis as the Sagaris, but the Sag has wider and higher pickup points. Pretty sure the Sag is 50mm wider track. As for the Mk1 Tuscan, they were a very different experience out of the box compared to the Sagaris (IMO).

All the T cars do make the earlier RV8 cars seem very agricultural though. Still fancy a Cerbera myself...

As for the new one? Ugh. Pass.
After approx Sept 2001 the chassis on all the TC cars were identical to the Sagaris, Mk1 Tuscans were noted as being twitchy but the rack was widened in 2001, to move the inner track rods in line with the lower wishbone pivot, and the track rods were shortened

Mk1s can handle superbly with a decent suspension set-up, mine is now on Nitrons all round and whilst certainly playful, it is pretty predictable. As you say 100% correctly, out of the box a Sagaris will outhandle a Tuscan, especially a Mk1 but the gap can easily be closed to the the point where mere mortals would struggle to spot a difference and that difference would be more down to the extra stiffness brought about by the Sagaris having no hole in the roof and a built in roll cage.

All personal preferences but even if I had the 75k for a Sagaris I would still not want one, its too OTT for my tastes but completely understand why they grab peoples attention

21 - 22 of 22 Posts