Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent the afternoon and evening today performing a winter preparation on the XF. Took the opportunity to take some pictures.

Stages of the preparation were:

1. ValetPro Citrus prewash
2. Autobrite Magifoam snow foam
3. Farecla G3 Detox shampoo wash
4. AutoSmart Tardis tar removal
5. Autobrite Purple Rain 2.0 fallout removal
6. BiltHamber fine auto clay contaminate removal
7. Autobrite Magifoam snow foam
8. Dry
9. Autobrite Cherry Glaze
10. Autobrite Nano Seal paint sealant

And now the pics.

Before:

During:

Seems there was some overspray from painting my calipers last week. All removed with the Bilt Hamber clay.

Dried off and moved inside the unit

Then the final pics:

I'm pretty happy with the results :)

Some of the keen eyed members of the forum will also notice I have a new exhaust. The single oval exhaust is gone and has been replaced with quad exhausts from a Jaguar XFR.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks amazing. I have a serious thing for these, if there is one modern car I would go out and buy tomorrow it would be an XF Sportbrake. Shame they don't do an XFR Sportbrake, although I suppose they might if you paid them enough. Exhaust suits it perfectly.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks amazing. I have a serious thing for these, if there is one modern car I would go out and buy tomorrow it would be an XF Sportbrake. Shame they don't do an XFR Sportbrake, although I suppose they might if you paid them enough. Exhaust suits it perfectly.
Thank you. They have built a prototype XFR Sportbrake, I'm hoping they'll put it into production. :)

nice job on the cat but what did you use to seal the glass with :thumb:
Thanks. The glass was coated with G1 the weekend after I took delivery, so the glass was just cleaned.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Good work and lovely car.

Jaguar really are at the top of their game now.

The only thing I really don't like, it the name. Who came up with the name Sportbrake and thought that sounded good?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.