Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used M105 for the first time on rotary today and hated the amount of dust it generated. In comparison, Menzerna SF4500 did not dust at all when used as a finishing polish. Does this mean none of Menzerna polishes dust? I am thinking of trying FG400 or Scholl S17. Does either of them dust like M105?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Menzerna FG400 dusts, imo,not much at all. But remember that polishing compounds reacts on many things such as: humidity, temperature, type of paint; clearcoated or not, type of polisher, type of pad, how long is the polishing cycle; to short, just about right, or to long?

Finishing polishes have, by nature, less tendency to dust. SF4500 and #105 are two totaly different animals and #105 is a infamous for its dust problems. But, I don't thinks its so dusty. Try to use less polish and work it for a shorter time, ie less passes, and it will dust much less.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Compounds tend to be dusty, polishes much less so. I personally like M101 it dusts much less than 105 and gives a finish that most people would be happy with if you just waxed it to finish.
I always mask off any trim etc as in common with most compounds, it will stain if you don't execise some caution.
I've not tried the two you mention as I am happy with M101 over M105.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I've never had problems with 105. I know people say it dusts a lot- it does dust but I think to an extent when removing defects most do dust. I found menz 400 way too dusty. Apparently the consumer version Meg's ultimate compound is easier to work with.

·
DW Supporter & Woollie Pad Man
4,549 Posts
My usual compound suspects on a correction are menz and Scholl, but others do come out to play. All comes down to what works on the day. No such thing as a 1 trick pony :)..

·
Registered
293 Posts
I used M105 for the first time on rotary today and hated the amount of dust it generated. In comparison, Menzerna SF4500 did not dust at all when used as a finishing polish. Does this mean none of Menzerna polishes dust? I am thinking of trying FG400 or Scholl S17. Does either of them dust like M105?
Try Scholl S3 ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.