Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So I just got into detailing as I got a new car last week.. Before reading about the correct way to wash your vehicle, I was an idiot and just did the usual one bucket, one mitt, hose down thing that people do with my previous car (I've learnt the error of my ways hence researching and learning about the correct methods!!
Just wanted to see what you guys thought of this run down for my first new car detail... and the things I've put in brackets do you think I could use something better in its place?? I'm not going to Clay bar the car as feeling it i don't necessarily think it needs it... besides after my first detail (maybe a month from now) I'm going to ceramic coat myself so I know I'm going to need to clay bar before doing that.
I bought the Chemical Guys Detail kit from Amazon as I thought it was a good intro into getting started.

Clean Wheels/Tires
(Carpro Iron X Car) rather than Clay bar
Pre rinse car
Foam Gun
Rinse
Two bucket method wash
rinse
Dry
(Turtle Ice Shine)

For a new car does this seem like a thorough enough process?? Is there anything I need to put before the Turtle Ice shine to protect or give an even deeper shine?
Any thought would be much appreciated :)
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all,
So I just got into detailing as I got a new car last week.. Before reading about the correct way to wash your vehicle, I was an idiot and just did the usual one bucket, one mitt, hose down thing that people do with my previous car (I've learnt the error of my ways hence researching and learning about the correct methods!!
Just wanted to see what you guys thought of this run down for my first new car detail... and the things I've put in brackets do you think I could use something better in its place?? I'm not going to Clay bar the car as feeling it i don't necessarily think it needs it... besides after my first detail (maybe a month from now) I'm going to ceramic coat myself so I know I'm going to need to clay bar before doing that.
I bought the Chemical Guys Detail kit from Amazon as I thought it was a good intro into getting started.
Car Detailing Columbia Md
Clean Wheels/Tires
(Carpro Iron X Car) rather than Clay bar
Pre rinse car
Foam Gun
Rinse
Two bucket method wash
rinse
Dry
(Turtle Ice Shine)

For a new car does this seem like a thorough enough process?? Is there anything I need to put before the Turtle Ice shine to protect or give an even deeper shine?
Any thought would be much appreciated :)
Thanks!!
no response

·
Registered
MY21 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti
32 Posts
Chemical decontamination is typically done after the wash and rinse, plus unless there’s significant amount of mud/traffic film on the car I would say a rinse prior to the foam is a waste.

Therefore:
Clean wheels and tires
Pre-wash/foam
Rinse
Safe was technique (some like 2BM, others like one bucket with multiple wash media)
Rinse
Chemical de-con (fall out remover and tar)
Rinse & dry
Protection (Wax/sealant)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Welcome along to the forum.
Why not introduce yourself in the Newbies section.
As a good tip, then look for the "Search" facility and type in car wash routine. You will see hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of members posting their replies to this question.
Search is your best friend on this forum (y)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of advice on here, an overwhelming amount actually, but all well meant. Just to throw a spanner in the works, and I am sure everyone will disagree with me, but I always leave the wheels and tyres until last. It seems counter-intuitive to me to start with the dirtiest part of the car as the water in your buckets will be filthy and need changing before starting on the rest of the car. That is why I always do them last. But, that’s just my way and, as I said, I am sure most other members of this forum will disagree. Find your own way and enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chris you don't use the same water for wheels as the rest of the car. In fact I don't even use the same bucket for wheels and bodywork.
Wheels first otherwise the rinse water is drying on your paintwork whilst you clean your wheels.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

·
DW's Biggest Thread Starter & Moderator
5,968 Posts
Hi Noel
Welcome to DW

Everyone seems to have their own preferences to new car detailing
Mine have always followed similar'ish lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts