Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, I'm getting a new car in the next few weeks.

I've already got opticoat to use on the actual paintwork of the car, however I need some suggestions for long term coatings on the other surfaces of the car.

I'm thinking I'll need something for the glass and plastic trims. What do you guys recommend? I'll be honest, I know that there are plenty of products out there that will do this job, however, I don't keep up to date with any of them so no nothing about them.

Any help or suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
For the glass - I've tried Nanolex Ultra (durability isn't great, got like 7-8 months out of it) Applying Gyeon stuff from PolishedBliss soon for winter. There's also GTechniq stuff that a lot of seasoned members use on here too, so I wouldn't count them out either.

Trim wise - I use Gyeon Trim which is quite good but a lot of users rave about CarPro DLUX (I think that's what its called anyway)

What about wheels?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
For the glass - I've tried Nanolex Ultra (durability isn't great, got like 7-8 months out of it) Applying Gyeon stuff from PolishedBliss soon for winter. There's also GTechniq stuff that a lot of seasoned members use on here too, so I wouldn't count them out either.

Trim wise - I use Gyeon Trim which is quite good but a lot of users rave about CarPro DLUX (I think that's what its called anyway)

What about wheels?
Dlux will do wheels and trims

·
Registered
8,706 Posts

What about wheels?
Strange you say that about ultra i've got 15 months out of one application :p

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Strange you say that about ultra i've got 15 months out of one application :p
Hmmm mine just dropped off slowly slowly. I've a sneaking suspicion I might have stripped it myself but I've not been near it with anything other than Magifoam, Avanlanche, Citrus Power, DJ SourPower, Supernatural shampoo and SV Car Bath. Its unbearable driving in the rain without it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.